What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My neps house

Hi,
Here are a few photos of my Highland Neps house & contents.
smile.gif

Only intended one posting but my trigger finger sent it too soon after editing it without realising!!

neps%20house.jpg

N.%20pilosa%20x%20veitchii%20plant.jpg

My N. pilosa x veitchii (thanks Joachim for correctly ID-ing it  
smile_m_32.gif
)

N.%20pilosa%20x%20veitchii%20cu.jpg

CU of N. pilosa x veitchii

n.tiveyi%20plant.jpg

My N. x tivey

N.%20ramispina1.jpg

My N. ramispina getting larger & blacker all the time!

cheers

bill

Hi all:

Just to stir things up a little bit. Is anybody growing N. gracillima and N. ramispina side by side. I wish i could see both plants growing together to educate my sight a bit more!

Thanks

Gus

I like the Hamata
biggrin.gif

Nice rajah back there, too!

Capslock

Gus, I have both ramispina and gracillima together but their age differences are so huge I can't mistake them. I'll try to get some pics anyway.

Seems like the gracillima pitchers are slightly fatter with a lid that doesn't stand up as N. ramispina - it's held more horizontal. To me, it seems like N. gracillima's leaves are more lanceolate and thinner in substance than those of N. ramispina. Who's are thick like leather. My gracillima is only about 10 -12 cm in diameter and these difference may change as it get's older. I'm just waiting for those bright white/pink/orange uppers on the gracillima!

Very nice plants & collection, flycatcher.

Thanks Josh, your help is very much appreciated. I don't want someone to sell me a ramispina thinking it's a gracillima. Your pictures may help me a bit more. Thanks again

Gus

wow thats a very beautiful N. ramispina very nice collection. Any pictures of the left side it seems theres a hanging nep there...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Aug. 17 2004,9:11)]wow thats a very beautiful N. ramispina very nice collection. Any pictures of the left side it seems theres a hanging nep there...
The plant hanging down is a large N. ventricosa x inermis. I actually water that from below with it sitting in water as it drinks so much..
smilie4.gif

I have a few smaller rajah hidden away to the left and my very slow growing N. murudensis.

cheers

bill

Back