What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. reinwardtiana - cutting finally pitchers.

I won two cuttings worth of N. reinwardtiana vine at the BACPS meeting's raffle about five months ago. I read that this species is easy to root, and indeed, both cuttings rooted, and have now pitchered. Here's the better one, and I'm very please for a first pitcher size! It does have the characteristic "two eyes", but they are VERY faint:

N_reinwardtiana.jpg

Capslock

AHHA! So you got the cutting, I had my eyes on it but decided not to put my name in the raffle because I wasn't too sure what varity it is. Looks cool tho (>.<) Btw are you going to that annual cp show next month?

I don't know, AE! I got it in a raffle, and it was just a green vine with some masking tape wrapped on it that said N. reinwardtiana. So far, it doesn't look nearly as red as the Pasia variation, but it could be a simple "red form", which is cool, too!

Capslock

Very nice Caps.  That's a decent size leaf and pitcher for one of it's first attempts after cutting.  Really nice redness in the leaves as well.

I have a 2 of forms of N. reinwardtiana (1 x cutting, 1x seed) and a rein. dominated hybrid (x fusca) cutting.  All are very fast growing plants and pretty tough.

Aaron.

very nice! reinwardtiana is one of my favs, that must be a HL version? it has no wings... I was always partial to the lowland ones, thier wings have no hairs!

It reminds me of the purple N. eustachya. a bit vigorous even in cold conditions.

Gus

Back