What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata "reddish leaves"

Two recent pix of my reddish N. truncata. The lighter-colored peristome shows the contrast evident during the first couple of weeks, prior to darkening to a very rich red. These pitchers are 37 cm (15") tall on a fairly young plant about 90 cm across, and were generated while the plant was neglected in a 20 cm diameter pot! I transplanted it into a 35 cm diameter pot in early July and the plant has responded with very rapid growth. Based on past experience with "big" N. truncata, I suspect that this clone produces mammoth pitchers when mature.

Plant is grown outside year-round and has been moved into a position where it receives almost full sun for much of the day.

Nepenthes%20truncata-%20highland.jpg

Pitcher opened about 10 days ago.

N.%20truncata%20AW%20older.jpg

A pitcher several months old, with a recent retiree behind.

Cheerio,

SJ

Beutiful! I realy look forward to getting well and getting a N.truncata.

thats amazing, did you mean to post in my thread? lol oh well thats an awesome plant for sure. Do you think the "reddish leaves" variety is worth the extra money?

SO thats' Wistuba's N. truncata 'reddish leaves" clone eh?

I don't know I read it labled on a website I buy all my plants from and noticed it was double the price of the normal lowland truncatas. Thats why I asked, truncata being one of my very favs I thought I'd pick one up but ask about them first...

My goodness!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
That is one cool pitcher! MAN! ... Now I have to go find me a truncata....

Almost looks like a veitchii highland peristome. Absolutely amazing, indeed!

Joe

Back