What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My n. rajah!

Have you ever seen a larger N. Rajah than this one?? I sure haven't!!
Nytt029.jpg

Well, I figure I might as well show off a new photo of my N. rajah. This is the one that came from Amori in Grand Rapids Michigan. The plant was given to me by my friend Mark.

The original pitchers are all gone. Since I got the plant, it has produced two new leaves and one new pitcher. The newest leave still has a pitcher forming.

N_rajah_8-22-04.jpg

N_rajah_pitcher_8-22-04.jpg

Good growing with your new rajah. It is truely wonderful. Its good to see another plant being grown.

The top one is "cute" and the bottom looks great with all that live sphagnum in the back. Plus the red and green colors mixed looks great too! The closeup of the pitcher makes it look metallicy. Sparkly and stuff.

OOO I bet I can guess where that came from! It's HUGE Tom! (inside joke)

Tony

She is colouring up lovely.

Bye for now julian

That's awesome, Mannanan! But where did you get the 12-foot pot and giant ID tag for it?

Capslock

M: It looks even like two or three rajah's. I hope you are still young, so you can see them grow big ... one day ...
smile_m_32.gif

hehe , when i clicked dustin's link i got a popup ad for louis viutan bags. hehe i thought he was kinda weird there for a minute
biggrin.gif

now that i do see the plant, WOW! i wonder how old it is?

the plant is about 7 years old

cheers
max

Hi
That is a big Rajah but its not the biggest ive seen.Matthew Soper of Hampshire Carnivoures had a Rajah which when i saw it a few years ago was 17 years old then and it was a monster.It was potted up in a large plastic basket with pitchers the size of milk bottles havent seen him since i must go and see him to see if he still has it and of course photos will have to be taken.

Bye for now julian

Nick that must be one BIG quarter!!
smile_m_32.gif
Very nice Rajah Mannannan and Nick. They sort of look like a ventricosa at that stage.

Heh yea thats one HUGE pot.. I had to custom order it
smile.gif

And yeah, it is actually 3 plants, but two are extremely small with only 2 leaves each.

/Quensel

Matt Sopher indeed has the most impressive N. rajah I have seen in cultivation. A wonderful healthy plant with outstanding pitcher. It looks like a carnivorous shrub to me!

Hi Dustin
How come you have seen it?I must pay the man another visit
and take some piccys of his Rajah.

Bye for now julian

Back