Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heeeeeeeeellllppp!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea I wanna do that too.. just need the funds... maybe after I finish my ceph species tank...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,

Suggest you try the N. argentii in LFS alone. We've been doing trials here with several different media for that species and the LFS is turning out best. It's not very clear in the photo below perhaps but the plants in LFS are outperforming the others which are in various media varying from pure sand to coconut based media.

Good luck!

Rob Cantley
    Nep Nut in Sri Lanka
    http://www.borneoexotics.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

where you place rootless plants strongly depends on the humidty in your normal setup. What works well for Josh doesn't work for me. The humidity in my terrarium is too low for rootless seedlings. I place them in a closed plastic bag untile they have rooted.

@Rob: How high are the light levels in your N. argentii growing area? My plant is grown in a very bright spot and seems to dislike it not getting bigger in size (which of course could also be caused by other reasons).

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only really offer advice on the campanulata, since my albo isn't doing anything, and I JUST got the argentii,

Camps are true lowlanders. I have mine growing with my bical, amp and raf. The pitchers are flimsy, too, so don't feed them too much at once (if you feed them). A too-large meal is one of the quickest ways to kill a camp pitcher.
    Camps also seem to grow better in brighter conditions. I haven't tried to acclimate to full sun, but mine is flowering now since it started to receive some morning sun. Don't know if that was the trigger, but the darn thing looks really happy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schloaty:

campanulata may grow well in lowland conditions, but so does it in intermediate conditions!. In my opinion, the true lowlanders are N. bical, N. ampullaria, N. bellii, N. sumatrana and couple of other cold intolerant plants.

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats very neat Rob.
    Bye for now julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gus,
    Huh. Never really tried it in more intermediate conditions. It is making basal shoots (some distance from the stem, too...weird), so maybe I'll experiment with one of them.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, thank you all for the input. I have indeed done my homework now, and all the material is doing well. I did the research earlier on N. agrentii and it is in live LFS. It is very small, but I will do my best with such a mighty gift!

Now I am itching for that "William's Red" ampullaria. I was told my new cutting is clone #25. You do good work Rob!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast