What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heeeeeeeeellllppp!

Rob,

Thanks for fanning the flames mate, someday I'll get you too!

Well, I am a plant magnet, so I am sure sooner of later I will find this beauty for a reasonable sum....free! I don't know how I manage to do it, or why it works, but it works! I find the N. ampullaria forms well behaved and ideal for my conditions, and if my start from Nep G is any indication, I do well with them. I appreciate knowing #25 is a goodun, but I was told by my source that all are very fine plants. Are all the clones still in production? Are there more than 25?

I sure wish I had the conditions to really collect Nepenthes, but for now I content myself with seeing other peoples incredible plants, so please keep posting those photos! As you know Phill Mann and I are buddies, so between Tony, Phill and you I am well used to the torture!

Keep up the good work!

Hi Jo,

The "Borneo Sunrise" was just one clone which I've not taken cuttings from, I've just grown it on and on and on and on in attempt to flower the thing.  Darned vine is 18' long without any sign of flowering.  Anyone know how to get a flower on N. ampullaria - I sure don't.  Tried just about everythign I can think of.

I'll be taking some cuttings off the basals sometime later this year.

Julian, sometimes I think I'm lucky, othertimes I don't.  I've had far easier jobs in my time but it's occasionally very rewarding.  Sometimes unbeliveably frustrating too  
mad.gif

Tamli, there are a total of 70 clones of various red, or tricolor N. ampullaria under production here. There are some pretty odd ones too such as this guy:

amp_looong.jpg

Hi Rob
What lovely colours,bit of a mad shape how come its not more rounded?I can imagine there are hassles but all those neps,gotta be worth it
smile.gif

bye for now julian

Thats a real nice amp Borneo.

hey tamlin hows the seedlings doing? Are they growing any that you can see of?

Back