Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit & miss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had great success with my N. campanulata in extrem lowland condtions (about 90-95 degrees day and 85 degrees night with constant 80%+ humidity) it has even flowered. I lost a N. rafflensiana clone # be-99 due to me forgetting to water it, it was in the back and I sotra forgot about it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] oh well at least it was super hard to come by. For some reason I have a N. merilliana thats in suspended animation, I have it in pure NZLFS could this be the culprit? almost all my plants are in pure spaghnum and are thriving...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were doing very well until I had to go to the hospital but thankfully I didn`t lose any Neps they just got all ratty looking and lost there pitchers alot of there leafs turned black etc.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

All my Neps has excelled during these summer months.

N. Truncata started to produce its normal size pitchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]For some reason I have a N. merilliana thats in suspended animation, I have it in pure NZLFS could this be the culprit?
    Hey Flip, how deep is your pot? Meris need a VERY deep pot, as they have a root system that just goes DOWN DOWN DOWN. My 5" or 6" diameter meri is in a 14" deep pot, and the roots reach the bottom! I think that is more likely the culprit, since mine is also in LFS (well, with orchid mix, too).
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, keep 'em well drained. Deep down in the pot lfs can get soggy, and as Dave mentioned, he mixes in orchid bark, which helps drainage. Also, meris do not like being disturbed at the roots. It's wise to overpot, giving them more time to grow without disturbance. Also, if in doubt, let them go a little on the dry side, but keep the humidity constantly high.
    Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody mentioned there was a downside to putting a thick layer of perlite or alifor or hydroton or whatever at the bottom of a pot, but I can't remember what it is. Any ideas?
    I was thinking of doing bark,hydroton ,course charcoal at the bottom of a deeper pot and the usual mix above.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 01 2004,3:15)]This has been a fantastic summer! Here in San Francisco, we've had a cool, foggy summer, which has kept humidity up, and makes for easy nighttime cooling. All my neps are doing pretty well, except a couple that had some pests. N. hirsuta x veitchii is having a banner summer in my bedroom windowsill.

Also having a good summer are N. aristolochioides, pitchering happily in my living room, N. ventricosa x aristo, maxima x vent, x rokko, and N. hamata.

Capslock
    Cough... *looks at thermometer, it reads 86 degrees* [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

All the cuttings I got from you Max are all pitchering!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, right now it's 69 degrees with 65% humidity in downtown San Francisco. The bay area sure gets some wild variation in weather in just a few miles!

Good to hear about the cuttings! Did I give you burkeii x villosa? Is that pitchering? Pictures! Pictures at once! Incidentally, my vent x inermis opened its first pitcher yesterday. I'll get a pic up soon!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast