Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit & miss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have been your sucess and possible failures of this summers growth?
    Amongst my sucess have been my rajah, villosa, burbidgeae, mira, aristolochioides & macrophylla all putting on loads of new growth.

Plants that still have to get off the starting block are my murudensis (no pitchers), diatas (small growth shrunken lids), species No.2 (no pitchers, attacked by vine weevils [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] )
    and my gymnamphora ( pitchers getting smaller/deformed!).

But I am confident that in the long term these plants will come good. As Neps seem to have a built in settling in period which seem to hold the plants back & them.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

cheers

bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my bical x amp has settled in as has most of my neps. Ile de France is starting to put out nice pitchers. the Miranda flowered. speckled amp came out of "suspended animation" and now has TWO nice pitchers. rokko and ventrata are becoming weeds. other than a minor leaf sucker problem things have been going good. my veitchii cutting is still looking good. its been a good summer all in all.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that's life. We don't have to like it,but it is reality.
    I have lost N. inermis, N. muluensis, and N. hamata in the past.

N. lowii is very resistant and so is N. veitchii to temperature fluctuations more than many other highlands.

N. campanulata is producing pitchers with temperatures of 72 F during the day and 63 F at night (again, this is rather an intermediate species instead of a true lowland as mentioned by Nep experts in the past)

N. diatas is doing fine, so is N. mikei, N. singalana, and N. ephippiata (pitchering).

N. species 7 or N. glandulifera is growing like a charm!.

N. pervillei and N. viellardii, perhaps the other true Nepenthes species since these can't hybridize with any other nep are just sitting around.

N. burbidgeae is gaining momentum and it is producing pitchers, copelandii does not seem to be bother with night time temperatures of 55 F at night, considering that it is a philippino species.

so we can go on and on and on.

The challenge is coming soon when summer time hits Oz.

Gus

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pervillei.. have any pics? i love this species!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a fantastic summer! Here in San Francisco, we've had a cool, foggy summer, which has kept humidity up, and makes for easy nighttime cooling. All my neps are doing pretty well, except a couple that had some pests. N. hirsuta x veitchii is having a banner summer in my bedroom windowsill.

Also having a good summer are N. aristolochioides, pitchering happily in my living room, N. ventricosa x aristo, maxima x vent, x rokko, and N. hamata.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a fantastic summer! Here in San Francisco, we've had a cool, foggy summer, which has kept humidity up, and makes for easy nighttime cooling. All my neps are doing pretty well, except a couple that had some pests. N. hirsuta x veitchii is having a banner summer in my bedroom windowsill.

Also having a good summer are N. aristolochioides, pitchering happily in my living room, N. ventricosa x aristo, maxima x vent, x rokko, and N. hamata.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those 2 can't hybridize with any other Neps? How come?

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that settles it, i'm definately moving to san fransisco when i'm old enough!!

different number of chromosomes, i guess, SIH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast