Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sowing nep seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure am
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get N. mirabilis seeds to germinate if my life depended upon it. what else do I need besides moisture, media, window sill, 80+ degrees?

I'm originally from the Bronx and grew up on the Island. Grew up saying 'Flawrida' and 'Awrange' and 'cawfee'. Not to mention 'shaw' for sure and shore. But not anymaw. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys im thinking of buying a new neps but, im not sure i can take care of them, if anything, in the winter, do you think i can put them in a terrarium with my capensis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neps do go through dormancy, if thats what your saying
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do? Since when?

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i meant don't, typo sry [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

A bit odd not being able to get mirabilis seed to germinate, it should be one of the easiest species of all. However, given the broad distribution, there is some variability in germination rates and conditions.

The only thing I can think of is that the seed may be too old. Mirabilis seed, when fresh, should germinate around 28 days after sowing.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how long would some ventricosa seeds take to germinate? How fast would it take for them to produce decent sized pitchers? (3 inches or more)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast