User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most gluttonous / effective nepenthes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you didn't understand me, evolution is the race for survival, not the race to produce pitchers. Like i said, maybe for it to survive and be able to reproduce, it doens't need to produce pitchers quickly. It producing pitchers slowly doesn't mean its "slacking" in evolution, what it probably does mean is that in order for it to advance in evolution, it needed to save up its energy and concetrate on producing one big pitcher slowly, for whatever reason it may be. The process of evolution is based on natural selection (the environment its in) so comparing neps is very hard if you don't have categories, since they vary GREATLY. You cannot turn this into a research experiment because of all the variables, all you can do is is give your opinion on the neps you think eats most based on your own personal experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Of course itís not completely fair to compare two species in different locations. Like a normal tree with a cactus in the desert...
    I couldn't have said it better myself
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

Well then, it looks like a lowlander with big pitchers would do well, since organic matter tend to decompose quicker in hotter environments than in colder ones. We are not taking into consideration the fact that it is possible for some types of neps to lack the necessary enzymes to digest insect protein. Perhaps ampullaria or lowii may be lacking such enzymes. Only a thorough study would tell.

Merrilliana or truncata then?

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ampuilaria
    Traps carpet the ground

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12