What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital hamata

Thought you guys, and gals might like this digital painting I just finished.

N.Hamata.jpg

of course I had to give the teeth the hollywood look ;)

Robin

Very nice.

nice pic, wat software did u use to create that?
smile.gif

wow thats incredible dude, do you go to a graphic arts school or something?

Great job! That's as good as any lithograph I've ever seen. You should do one of a large lower pitcher of burbidgeae...my personal favorite
smile.gif

Phil

Thanx  for the compliments everyone. I would like to do a whole series...Burbidgeae would be a nice one too, just need a good reference pic! Of course I do have a thing for the toothy ones.
You dont need to go to school for this.. Just mess around with paint programs.. Oh I did this with photoshop 6.

Robin

A really nice painting, and a good idea!!

love the way you tsuzed up the peristome!

Very nice robin! Photoshop is a great program!

Hi Robin,

Here's a challenge for you that everyone else may enjoy. Have you considered, for fun, trying to create your own hybrid? This could be an esthetic rendition of what you could see the plant as. We could have folks write in with ideas of crosses and you could pick which one you like. It could be kept simple, say restricting the cross to primary hybrids only or 2 species max. I will place the first vote for edwardsiana x veitchi H/L red striped/pink bulbous pitcher. Then I could buy if off you!! hee hee...sorry!

Phil
smile_t_32.gif

I like your idea Phil.
I was thinking about doing N x predator.
Of course I will have to do edwardsiana, since I can't get one.
Yeah, edwardsiana crosses would be fun!
edwardsiana x vietchii
edwardsiana x hamata!
edwardsiana x inermis
Hmm.. What do you guys think?

Robin

Rajah X Bicalcarata
smile_m_32.gif

Love the art there! looks real!

Back