What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got my new plants!

I'm kinda new at this nep thing.
A month ago I never even heard of these before. I have other CP's and was looking for such at a nursery and found this. I got this one last week.

New unidentified nep

nep1rs.JPG

I ordered these last friday. they arrived this morning.

Ventricosa red
new%20nep99RS.JPG

closeup of one of the pitchers. These plants came in excellent condition.

new%20nep%20pitcher99RS.JPG

Another...
new%20nep%20pitcher2RS.JPG

And my x coccinea, unfortunately it doesn't have any pitchers on it when I got it.

new%20nep%20coccinea99RS.JPG

Another poor soul bitten by the Nepenthes fever...

welcome to the club!

T

Welcome to the Nep adiction! Looks like your plants arivved very good condition. Those plants should all do very well for you as they are all easy. I would suggest you try a N.rafflesiana next ;) Hey when the new pitcher opens on that un-ided nep post some pics and maybe someone can id it.

Nice! Yeah Cook's has some good plants. Here are the ones I got:

N. mirabilis var. echinostoma
This is how it looked when I got this guy in June. It's growing pretty fast though the pitcher/leaf ratio is pretty bad but I think this is typical of this plant. It's about 4 inch in diameter.
Picture282.jpg

N. eymae
I got this one a couple of weeks of go, when I went up to Oregon so I got to hand pick it! =P The pitcher is about 2 1/2 inch.
Picture283.jpg

N. ramispina
I got this the same time as the eymae. It has 6 pitchers.
Picture284.jpg

This last one is not from cook's but Bloom Rite. I'm pretty sure it is a rafflesiana but since I've been seeing some funky looking hybirds that look almost like a pure rafflesiana I thought I would post it here to make sure.
Picture285.jpg

Here are some new pics. I hope I did this right.
I put the plants in a 5 gal. aquarium with a little gravel in the bottom so they don't sit in water.
The tank sits outside in an ares that gets no direct sunlight.
I don't think its really necessary to have them in a tank however the temps have been getting up in the high 90's during the day and low to mid 70's at night.
The humidity has been getting down in the 30% range during the day and 80% at night... I live 5 miles from the beach in San Diego.
I mist them twice a day.
Front view
nep%20tank1RS.JPG

Heres a top view...
nep%20tank%20top%201RS.JPG

Heres a pic of the pitcher in the unid nep a week later.

Yeah, I don't think the tank is really necessary since I have my plants outside in the shade the temps are 100s-50s and humidity probably in the 20s during the day and 70s at night. They do fine though on hot days I do drench them down.

I got another new plant from Cooks.
N.sanguinea
n.%20sanguinea%201%20RS.JPG

closeup of pitcher
sanguinea%20pitcher%201%20RS.JPG

Back