Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowland nirvana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are they? i want to try to aim for the PERFECT lowland conditions, in my lowland chamber. i'm growing n. x isamo kusakobe, n. x coccinea, and n. x ventrata. Pretty soon i'll be a acquiring n. northiana and n. tobaica. I want to achieve a sort of lowland nirvana. I want to know specifics such as temperature, humidity, light and how long should i make the photoperiod, and anything else thats important that i missed. I know that n. x coccinea and n. x isamo kusakobe require bright light to get good coloration but northiana like low light environments better. what should i do?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are the temps right now buddy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right now the temperatures are around 80 at night and about 90-95 in the daytime. it peaks at 95 degrees just as its time for me to turn of their lights. at night, its gotten down to 68 degrees, since i like my room cold. good or bad?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure there really is a perfect day/night temperature. As long as it is nice and warm 85-90day and warm at night low70s (although occasional drop into the high 60s should be ok).

You might want to keep in mind though that N. Ventrata is technically not a lowland plant despite it's near indestrucable nature.
    N. tobaica is intermediate/highland also.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its usually around 75 degrees at night, sometimes around 67 when i turn my AC on. what about humidity?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like to keep my RH at between 80 and 85.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

In my opinion, there is no such a thing as a ideal lowland conditions, because also when we deal with lowlands, there are subgroups:

Strict lowlands: bical, ampullaria, belli, sumatrana
    relaxed lowlands: eustachya, rafflesiana, rowanae??
    intermediate/lowlands: campanulata, reinwardtiana, albomarginata (depending on variety)

The first group should be kept warm day and night, the second should be kept warm during the day,but they tolerate cold spells, the third one can tolerate colder temperatures during the day and also somewhat colder temperatures at night.

So depending on what you want to grow, one will have to adjust conditions (within a lowland set up, that is)

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i'm pretty aware of that. what i meant was a way to grow all lowlands (from hardcore lowlands up to almost intermidiates) and still please all the plants. Possible, impossible, or possible but impossible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast