What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your best pitcher of the year?

I REALLY like that clone of N. maxima x ventricosa Max! Would be interested for a piece of it sometime!
smile.gif

Such big mouths on the pitchers! BUT, can any take in a 7" SofSlug plastic worm?!
smile_n_32.gif
Seriously, nice plants! I second Dustin, if that plant needs to be chopped, it's always welcome!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

You might be in luck. It's getting very leggy, and has grown past my lights and up into the dark air above my racks. I'd kinda been hoping it would flower, as I think it would make for a good hybrid, but it's to the point where I could make 6 or 7 cuttings from the main vine. Fortunately, it produced two basal shoots at about the same time a month or so ago, so I could cut the vine and still keep the plant.

If it doesn't flower in the next month or so, I'll make the cuttings, and send you out one.

EDIT: You too lithopsman!

Capslock

capslock That is one of the nicest examples of that hybrid.... Do you have a picture of the whole plant?

Hey caps when you posted in my thread about my plants dieing does that mean you`re going to send me some?

Great pics everyone! My entry is the rafflesiana in my sig.

Very nice Capslock.
Cool shape!!

Robin

Well, my pitchers aren't up to most of yours yet, but thats because most of mine are all still babies. So far though, my ventricosa has been doing the best, so I thought I'd share a picture I took of it yesterday. I picked this one because it had the huge spider hanging around
biggrin.gif

spider.jpg

Creepy!!

oh and the pitcher is about 4 inches tall

Max,

Your clone of ventricosa x maxima look's just like Exotica's N. 'Red Leopard.'
Gorgeous.

Cheers,

Joe

Ozzy and I each picked one of these up about a week ago. N. miranda
N_miranda_plant.jpg

Of course I had to grap the one with the largest pitcher.
N_miranda_pitcher.jpg

N_miranda_14inches.jpg

awesome miranda.

Yes very nice. Is that a miranda like Clint said?

Yes, it is a N. miranda. Forgot to put that in my original post. It has been edited to show the name.

Capslock: Providing that plant is easy, thats one on my want list. Its seems it would be coming from 2 easy parents.

that spider is so crazy what kind is it? I hope you fed it to the plant!

Back