What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your best pitcher of the year?

Here's my best pitcher this year (and biggest pitcher ever for me.) It measures just over 10 inches from the bottom to the base of the lid. It's a N. hirsuta x veitchii, which grows like a weed in my bedroom window. Unfortunately the picture doesn't really show off the nice red speckling on the green background.

N_hirsuta_x_veitchi11.sized.jpg

Post your pics! What's your best looking pitcher this year? And it doesn't matter if it's very big or not, show it off! Even small plants have a best one.

Capslock

Best pitcher of the year, eh? As soon as I bring the digicam charger back from the ranch whenever I get a chance to get out there again, I'll take some pics... In the meantime, enjoy a nice little bass from the pond out there:
good%20bass.jpg

trunc%20x%20vent.jpg

Truncata x ventricosa. This pic is from just a few days after it openned. The petrisome has darkened up quite a bit since then.

My favorite pichter this year was one of my Ne. maxima x veitchii:

Ne_truncata_veitchii2.gif

Wait... Is this for SIZE, or just your favorite Nep?

spec, they just said "best," so whatever your criterea is, post a pic of your best. I guess you could translate that as "favorite."

I refuse to be restricted to just one!!!  ie.. I can't decide.

Anyway, here is one that I took recently.  Just something cute but the photo came out nicely so here ya go!
cute.jpg

Tony

Hey Tony, is that inermis?

Yep that's N. eymae clone A upper pitcher.  Trying to fill in the lacking photos on my website.  Finally got around to taking a decent picture of it.  I thought the little droplet of nectar on the lid projection was kind of neat.  Wonder if it functions like the fangs in N. bicalcarata.. luring insects out onto it and then dropping off into the pitcher.

edit: corrected species as I goofed while doing 15things at once and posted inermis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 13 2004,3:51)]Yep that's N. inermis clone A upper pitcher.
Hi Tony,

i have thought that this pitcher belongs to N. eymae !?

Jan

I was thinking the same thing Jan! Anywho, here's my fav.
Could have guessed mine right?
biggrin.gif

favorite.sized.jpg

doh.. was going in circles today.. yes N. eymae

ugh! oh how i LONG for a big highland tank! Your so lucky to have that big beauty tony!

the maxima x veitchii is spectacular aswell! and that hirsuta hybrid can't be beat!

Actually Pill that eymae pitcher should be around 3 inches lol. Not really huge.

Great picture Tony. What about that veiny blood red jaquelieae picture? That was awesome!

Very nice teeth nepenthes gracilis
smile_n_32.gif
 That would be my favorite pitcher too!

OK here's one. look like tomatoes. lol

tomatoes.jpg

hope ya like it,
Robin

that red hamata is nice. Do you know if it will keep its red coloration through out adulthood?

Whoops, nevermind. I was going through my pics from earlier in the year, and found this. This was the best of the year for me. (take your pick.)

N_maxima_x_ventricosa_11.sized.jpg

Capslock

PS: Nice hamatas both of you!!!

Shame on you, Max! That ventricosa x maxima looks famished!
smile_m_32.gif

I'm reporting you to the CP Humane Society!
mad.gif

Love the hamatas!

Upper pitchers on N. eymae will be around 6" from the bottom of the U to the top of the peristome. The green one in the picture is smaller as the plant is from a cutting and they haven't reached full size yet.
T

Back