What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxima x fusca "elongata"

I love this one! Here is a newly opened pitcher. I think I originally posted this as maxima x fusca "Very Dark", but looking at my records I think I actually ordered the Elongata. Does that look right to you?

398maxusca_back.JPG
398maxusca_inside.JPG
398maxusca_front.JPG

The pitcher is 8" tall from tip to tail

Steve,

I don't know about the exact parents because it looks like the type hybrid to me but holy smokes...you did a beautiful job with it. Quite superb. Many congratulations for paying the hybrid such respectful homage. I couldn't have done better myself. Like I say, "If you're going to grow it - grow it right."

Best,

Phil

My conditions are actually somewhat less than optimal. I am lucky enough to be able to grow it outside, but the humidity here is pretty low. Today is one of our more humid days at 41% and night time temps are only dropping to 68 degrees F, but cooler weather is on the way. Sept. is one of the most difficult months for Neps, (and people), here in southern California.

Great plant! Wow you wouldn`t expect such a peristome from that cross!Lol. N.fusca is pretty low humidity tolerant at least the sarawak form because of all those orange hairs that cover the plant.

Back