Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highland terrariums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you get your temperatures down in your highland and ultrahighland chambers and still manage to keep the humidity high? (like if you use a AC)
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    many people use evaporative coolers. you can hook up a humidifier to the output hose/tube of the AC unit that way it humidifies the cold/cool air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i've heard about that. I've also heard about people putting ice cubes around the tank, can anybody verify? I'd like to hear what other people do as well.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems to me the cheapest way if you have a decent sized tank would be the air conditioner plus humidifier. a wally world air conditioner is what $99-$125 or so, humidifiers can be had for under $20. lil bit of creative plumbing. should be able to cool a decent sized grow chamber quite efficiently. not sure how well this would work for ultra highlands though. for something smaller your guess is as good as mine. the ice trick only works in small spaces and is prone to failure(what happens if you have to skip town for a couple days?)

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK i have this debate going and someone tried to tell me 90 degree day temperatures for highlands and ultrahighlands was acceptable. From what i understand the temperatures should be around 45 degrees at night and 75 (maybe 80) during the day. Whos right here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80 during the day would be ok. 90 is really pushing it and getting into the realm of stressing out the plants. For normal highland plants low 50s at night would suffice as well.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so 90 during the day and 60-50 at night is fine then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gone up to 100 with my highlanders... They do fine in the day as long as they have cool water, BUT! (and that is a very BIG BUT!) The night MUST be very cool if you decide to have hot days... For lowlanders, nights can be very cold, as long as the days are very warm/hot. Also humidity must be over 80%... I only reccomend this if you MUST do it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast