Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Dang it! Something (either the cat, a bird or the *&^! painters) nipped the very tip off the newest leaf coming from my aristo. I'm not sure, but I think the proto-leaf (right word?) forming inside this newest leaf may also have been damaged.

Rats. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be the right word, I always call it the growing tip. I hate it when that happens. I have had about a 75% death ratio on plants arriving ,where that happened while shipping.
    Good news is that should only be my bad luck, as many have said to treat these like a cutting and it "should" work out, though it will obviously set it back.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave,

Do what I do: plan on having the plants arrive misindentified, delayed in the mail, frozen, dired out, run over by trucks, moldy, rotting. Then once you plant the remains, expect aphids, mealy bug, thrips, scale, spider mites, whitefly, fungus gnats. Looks for algae, moss, liverworts, sunburn, drowning and fungus wilt to go at them. Expect thuunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricaines, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Just when it all is working out, look forward to squirrels, cats, birds, dogs, kids, wives and garbage persons to dump, tilt, knock, dig, break, steal and dump. Expect to neglect the plant when it is at its finest.

Then you won't be disappointed.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Sep. 14 2004,12:08)]Dave,

Do what I do: plan on having the plants arrive misindentified, delayed in the mail, frozen, dired out, run over by trucks, moldy, rotting. Then once you plant the remains, expect aphids, mealy bug, thrips, scale, spider mites, whitefly, fungus gnats. Looks for algae, moss, liverworts, sunburn, drowning and fungus wilt to go at them. Expect thuunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricaines, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Just when it all is working out, look forward to squirrels, cats, birds, dogs, kids, wives and garbage persons to dump, tilt, knock, dig, break, steal and dump. Expect to neglect the plant when it is at its finest.

Then you won't be disappointed.
    At least 50% of the things you list there have happened to me , Tamlin [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

cheers

bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you forgot mice.......ive found they have a taste for certain seedlings especially sensitive plant(Mimosa) seedlings. i have yet to grow this plant for more than a week do to stupid mice who track them down everytime i plant them.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, actually, there are no volcanos or earthquakes here, but just let me finally get ahold of Drosera meristocaulis and see what happens!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zoiks! I've only really received on shipment that was baddly beaten up, and two that were slightly beaten up. Only lost one plant of the 8 effected by those three incidents. Two are just now starting to grow (a year later), so all told, not bad.

My aristo was growing great, and still looks good. I almost didn't even notice the damage. I'm just bummed that there is going to a leaf (or two) that doesn't make a pitcher. This has actually been one of my more satifactory plants, pitchering and growing under any envionment I put it in (well, I haven't pushed it TOO much).

Also bummed because the aristo is going to the NECPS show, and now it's got dammage. blah.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I think you need to be more spontaneous about deciding which plant is going. Wasn't the big ventricosa going before the painters dumped stuff on it? Something is up here with your plants and this show...

Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast