User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it? and how do i kill it?!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant mealy bug not spider mite but if its hair like it wouldn't be mealy anyways I don't think.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive tried scraping it off, fungicide, pesticide... IT DOESNT DIE! My ceph is like dead, and its just a pot of live LFS with a bunch of that... darn fungus stuff over the top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i used to get that stuff on some of my pots, sulfur solutions killed them all >;-D

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks gus!!! I've tried EVERYTHING but that!!! And just in time, too! Its in my mini bog garden, and its taking over the seedlings! (theres a few thousand in there right now, its like, a mat of sundews... I have no idea where they came from!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that... It never really did any harm. I just scraped it off a couple of times and it never bothered me again. you can also try getting the plants out and fliping the soil so that the fungus is on the bottom.
    I also noticed that on my wetter pots the fungus didn't grow, but in the dryer pots it did.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you try digging up you plants then taking the soil and sticking it in the microwave? Or perhaps if you have a pressure cooker that would work better no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys! I still hate it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] It mockes
    me!! Those of you that have had it know what I mean?
    I sprayed it with physan 20 today. We'll see how it likes that. If that doesn't work, I think I'll try Gus's sulfer idea.

Don't worry Lithopsman
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Ok I'll let you guy's know how the physan or sulfer worked. I'f any body knows what this stuff is called, I would still be interested.

Robin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking I may recall it being called dust mold... That is most likely just a common horticulture name though... BTW, it will either be end of Sept. or Oct. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12