What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aristolochioides madness!

Here's my N. aristolochioides. It's a tiny guy but it pitchers every leaf. There's another inflating in back of the farthest one. I expect this to take off when I put it downstairs in the basement growroom I'm setting up. It's just in my living room now.
N_aristolochioides5.sized.jpg

Next, here's a pic of my N. ventricosa x aristolochioides. Tony should recognize both of these plants.
smile.gif
The one on the right just opened up and will color up like the left one in a couple weeks:
N_ventricosa_x_aristolochiodes8.sized.jpg

And finally, here's just a pic of one of my low-tech method of growing neps. The one exploding past the top on the far side is N. thorelli x aristolochioides. I swear it grows an inch a day. I think cuttings are in the offing on that one:
Nep_setup.sized.jpg

Capslock

Great plants and setup! I absolutely love that aristo x vent! That is an absolutely beutiful hybrid!

WOW! How is your aristo so big? I have had mine for about 4 months and it isn't even making mature pitchers... It may make one but then reverts... Temps are consistant and good. I think mine is just a victim of mass TC...
smile_o_32.gif

Hey Caps. Since you said to me "Sure thing, Noah. Whenever you're ready, say the word.
Capslock " about me needing new plants since my parents weren`t exactly perfect in there plant care,does that mean you could send me some Neps\Sarrs now? If so I could take one of those aristo x thoreli off your hands Lol.Well if so I`d be much obliged THANKS!

very nice aristolochioides!

Pond boy, when I take cuttings of that one, which should be pretty soon, you'll get one for sure! But it will just be a cutting! You'll have to grow it into a big plant. But don't worry, it grows fast once it's rooted.

lithopsman: Who knows? I'm not doing anything special except living where it's cool and humid usually.

Capslock

Thanks folks!

Ok thanks a ton! Is it easy to root? I`ll have to see what I can dig up and send you when I`m all better and have gotten my collection all righted and sorted out.

What lights are you using? They seem very bright for the distance away from the plants.

Is the front of the area that your neps are growing in completly open?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Sep. 15 2004,10:32)]Is the front of the area that your neps are growing in completly open?
I have the same question
smile.gif

yah know you guys really need to quit posting pics. im running out of room and my "must have list" is getting lonnnnnnnnnger and loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr
smile_m_32.gif

Rattler

wow thats an awesome setup, PM'ed you with some questions

Wolf9 and Flip, yes, it's completely open. The air here in San Francisco is almost always cool and humid, and I can grow most neps out in the open, except true lowlanders.

Capslock

yo capslock,

excellent looking plants!
smile_m_32.gif

I have n.arisolochioides, n.aristolochioides x ventricosa and n.aristolochioides x maxima and they aren't far from looking like yours. Great work!

Do you have a closeup of the n.aristo x thorelli. I'm interested in seeing the traits.

Christian

I think it may be getting normal... Perhaps the extra 2-4*F of summer was just too much...
confused.gif
Remember, you are the one that stole the aristo x vent!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Hmm, thats awesome that you're able to grow plants out in the open like that, almost takes away the challenge doesn't it?
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif
I'm just kidding, of course its still challenging!!! I'm guessing for your full lowland plants you have a heated chamber....

Caps, that is a superb setup you have there.  You know what hybrid I really want to see?  aristo x ampularia.

That would be phat.
smile.gif

If I did that same set-up, except with the front covered, would the humidity screw up the lights? I think I have the same shelf system, or one close.

Cheers,

Joe

Back