Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes that you don't like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]and lets not make any comments about my avatar alright, HAHAHA!!!
    Darn. I was going to bust you on that one.
    You know what neps don't do it for me? Neps that aren't MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me neps arent tht fascinating, of course i would still love to have an N. Aristolchoides, or N. Inermis, but i like sarras best for now since hey're so widespread and easy to tell apart, although when i visited jeremiahs greenhouse, there were some pretty interesting plants
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]You know what neps don't do it for me? Neps that aren't MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!
    Hahahahaha I agree!!!

I'm thinking of other Neps I wouldn't pee on to put out a fire.....
    All other crosses that resemble N. coccinea I think. Those and some really boring Koto crosses (despite my being a Japanese citizen . How unpatriotic of me! ) that all look like a slightly nicer version of the dullest N. mirabilis.

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flip has an interesting thread here. I can see both sides, but I am on the "Like them all, especially when well-grown" side.
    Even a plain green N. gracilis that has been whacked and is a bushy monster with dozens of pitchers is really cool looking.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what?!?! sarracenia over nepenthes ?!?!?!

I'm afrais kirk is off his meds again.... I don't think any sane person would pick sarras over neps.

Quote[/b] ]You know what neps don't do it for me? Neps that aren't MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!
    You do have some kind of point there....

while I do like some of the kotos, I agree they'll are pretty plain looking.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean, Amori. The 'Koto' hybrids do get a bit "tedious". Still, some of the best hybrids are from Japan. My favorites being Minami'Triumph', Fukukusa, Tomomi, Nagoya, Oiso...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.
    Flip, I agree to some extent. The Neps I personally favor the least are the ones that take over the grow space because they're such weeds. It's more because they're a pain in the neck rather than lacking aesthetic value. We sell at a lot of the local plant shows, which attracts the local "plant people", most of them have seen just about everything and are often jaded in their attitude. When they see a well grown Nepenthes, even a ventrata, it will evoke a "Wow!"

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope im still on the little blue pills, sarrs are my fave anytime, i would trade neps for sarras if anyones interested, i have a pretty good looking 4 year old N. Sanguenia, that just started producing little hairs on the spine
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, if you don't like your plant, send me a cutting!
    (or a small plant...I don't want huge ones!)

exactly
    aldough.... the plants I don't like are the ones that die on me! lol! now THOSE are annoying!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast