What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes that you don't like

what?!?! sarracenia over nepenthes ?!?!?!

I'm afrais kirk is off his meds again.... I don't think any sane person would pick sarras over neps.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know what neps don't do it for me? Neps that aren't MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!

You do have some kind of point there....

while I do like some of the kotos, I agree they'll are pretty plain looking.
biggrin.gif

I know what you mean, Amori. The 'Koto' hybrids do get a bit "tedious". Still, some of the best hybrids are from Japan. My favorites being Minami'Triumph', Fukukusa, Tomomi, Nagoya, Oiso...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.
Flip, I agree to some extent. The Neps I personally favor the least are the ones that take over the grow space because they're such weeds. It's more because they're a pain in the neck rather than lacking aesthetic value. We sell at a lot of the local plant shows, which attracts the local "plant people", most of them have seen just about everything and are often jaded in their attitude. When they see a well grown Nepenthes, even a ventrata, it will evoke a "Wow!"

Trent

nope im still on the little blue pills, sarrs are my fave anytime, i would trade neps for sarras if anyones interested, i have a pretty good looking 4 year old N. Sanguenia, that just started producing little hairs on the spine

hey, if you don't like your plant, send me a cutting!
biggrin.gif

(or a small plant...I don't want huge ones!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know what neps don't do it for me? Neps that aren't MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!
exactly :-D
aldough.... the plants I don't like are the ones that die on me! lol! now THOSE are annoying!

i'll forgive you kirk- crazy people always have the best pills.
biggrin.gif

to sum it all up, i dont like neps that have more green than red or other colors on the pitchers. there are a few exceptions though
laugh.gif

Who said they don't like the Kotos!
N_x_koto_efflugent_3.sized.jpg

I love my N. x Koto "efflugent"! Sure, it's not the most exciting, but it pitchers on every leaf and they last a long time! I guess I have a soft spot for any nep that grows nicely. It isn't the most spectacular plant, but I like it.

I've struggled with this topic. I can't think of any I don't like, but my least favorite, just because they look like a lot of other neps, are the speckled N. fuscas and maximas that all sort of blend together.

Casplock

I've yet to meet a Nep I didn't like! Sure some a showier than others but the dull ones seem to grow like weeds making lush full pitcher laden plants. Whats not to like about that?
smile_n_32.gif

Glenn

Hey Capslock
I didn't say I disliked all the Kotos
smile_m_32.gif

Amori

Caps has a point some of the maximas certainly do look very similar. Though I cant complain cause I am a "bigger is better" person and maxima certainly adds the monster in alot of hybrids.

Joe

I must say I am an absolute nepenthes nut. Any nep works for me! That tobaica actually is now on my most wanted list thanks to amori!
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
I want that plant!! Caps, that is a beautiful plant. I love the striped peristome! Remember, anytime the vines are getting out of hand...
blues.gif
smile_m_32.gif

A nice site to find what Nepenthes you may or may not like...
Nepenthes Hybrids
Bold lettering indicates that images are available.  Enjoy
smile_n_32.gif
!!

Amori

thats a very nice koto, and Koto efflugent is probly the nicest Koto around.... I like maximas, I especially like the all green ones, those are cool.

But you have to admit there are some pretty boring kotos...

Altough i dont have neps, i would also give them up for sarrs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Sep. 18 2004,9:08)]Altough i dont have neps, i would also give them up for sarrs
YOU BE QUIET!!! YOU BE QUIET!!!!

aww man to bad its not in color.... those look like swee as s pics

and sundews over sarrs

Whats the next step; Aldrovandas over dews?

Back