What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes that you don't like

I think Dreamy Koto is the best Koto.

Cheers,

Joe

um, thats not the next step i dont care for aarrrr...

i mean... drats, foild!
smile_n_32.gif

drosera and sarras are junk.... Thats why I don't own any sarras or dews they are just plain junk

what?

ÕæµÄ†á£¿

humm what i actualy said was "I really?" - in traditional japanese charictactures, but the website converted it to those funky letters.

why not just spell it out usiing the alphabet, "na-nee?" there I did it for you
laugh.gif

well i love drosera and sarracenia. most drosera are great for the beginners and that's why it, as well as sarracenia, are good genera. the are perfect beginner plants.

i really preferre heliamphora and cephalotus, honestly.

I love droseras. Sarrs are cool if you treat them right... I like neps because they need less sun and they're vines.... I think I'll really like cephs and helis when I get them...

I wouldn't buy N.X ventrata or a plain, no variant N.ventricosa. I already have huge monster plants of both anyway. I prefer N. ventricosa Red ruffle or squat.

How do you make a bushy plant anyhoo?

chop off the top
smile.gif
each node will make a new growth point.

neps require less light then sarras? I think that statement is a bit to general. I've grown sarras before and Its been my experience that they need less light then neps. I grow my neps under 400 wats of metal halide lighting and non of then get burned. I've been able to grow some sarras under two 9 watt power compacts, and they were weeds. Thats one of the reasons I don't grow sarras as they are weeds. They grow to fast and grow out of control to fast. Same with droseras...

Wow, miss a few days and threads go out of control. First to defend tobaica

398N_Tobaica.JPG

Actually, not a very nice picture, and the pitchers do get darker, (purple when they start to die). I will have to get another picture posted. 1 climbing stem and five basal shoots with pitchers ranging from < 1" to 5" makes for an interesting contrast.

Back on topic, (anyone remember the topic?), Mirabilis is pretty unforgiving in low humidity and attracts mealy bugs. I like it because it keeps the mealies away from my other Neps, but don't really care for the pitchers or thin non-waxy leaves. I am not talking about echinostoma or 'John Holmes', those are really cool.

he he ehhe he , John Holmes....

Hey why is everyone trying to defend these plants? Its not going to make me like them. I didn't say anything bad about them, I just don't like them
biggrin.gif
Posting pics isn't going to change my mind I know what it looks like
smile_m_32.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

I HATE THEM ALL!!! MUAHAHAHA ... so post your pictures!

I like looking at pictures
smile_m_32.gif

Tony

Yea, Tony! Keep posting pictures of those tobaicas...and don't try to sneak any gracilis pictures in there, because we won't be fooled!!

hmmm... well, I was saying they need more light because almost every sarr I've heard about (hey, I'm a newbie!) needs full sun... and since full sun is supposed to burn neps, I made the obvious conclusion.... anybody know what sorts of CP's will stay the color they're supposed to be (red, yellow, white, purple, ... not green :p) when they're in full shade?
I would really like to get some of those since we don't get much sun, and it's not like I can provide 100's of CP's with artificial light. I get plenty of bright light, but the only sun that comes in is in my balcony and I have a guineapig there so it's a pain in the butt putting them on top of something so that chubby (guineapig) doesn't reach them.

Missed a few days?! Who are you?!

I'm not sure what your question implies. I didn't mean to imply I was part of the thread until now, only that I hadn't looked online for a few days and a new thread was already 6 pages long, and not many people talking about Neps they don't like.

Back