Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N. 'red leopard'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the onset of spring and some longer sunnier days I thought the colour that this plant had developed was quite interesting an worth posting.

I have it at the sunny end of my glasshouse where it currently gets 7 hours of direct sunlight per day. This was through just the glass and a thin layer of bubble wrap through Winter but the 50% shade cloth went back on a few weeks ago. The colouration is stronger on any part of the plant that is perpendicular to the sun (i.e directly facing).

I really like the rusty/caramel colour. Hope you enjoy.

Aaron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your doing well, Aaron. You must have the green thumb for Neps. It has grown a bit since we last saw it.

Geoff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaron,

That looks great! How long ago did you get it, ie when will mine look like that, lol?

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Geoff.
    Great to see you on the forum.

Yes, it certainly has come on some. However, with that colouration I'd say I can only claim to have a gold-thumb [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Actually, Geoff.... I have been meaning to ask, is it N. vent x max or N. max x vent?

Josh,
    I received the plant late January this year. Surprisingly, given its parentage, it did take quite a long time to settle in (say 3-4 months) and get going. I'd be guessing it currently throws a new leaf and pitcher every month at least and seems to be accelerating now that Spring is here.

It also does seem to like the higher light. This may also explain, in part, the slow start as at that time, pre-glasshouse, the setup was much lower on light.

This is not long after I received the plant:

Aaron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Aaron,

The hybrid is ventricosa x maxima. Good question, though, as it does make a big difference which is the female parent in the hybrid. In our opinion, there is so much difference in a reverse cross of the same parents of a hybrid that it should be named differently. Also, this would be a good way to distinguish the sex of the parents. We have noticed that these differences are not only in the pitcher shape and colour but also in their growing conditions. Keep up the good growing.

Geoff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! The pitcher color is beutiful and the leaf color is cool Judging by the color of the leaf on my emmerane I got from Dave it should be a nice bronze leafed plant Oh and btw it rooted like 4 days after I received it![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] Of course it was already close to rooting when I got it.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the evil twin of this plant, N. maxima x ventricosa. It is very different (but still cool!):

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caps,

I don't think it's that different , actually. Yours is definitely more mature. Here is the pic from Exotica's home page(hope that is okay Geoff,if not, sorry).

Cheers,

Joe

http://www.exoticaplants.com.au/admin/uploads/redleop.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast