What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

October nepenthes pics

I took these pics while the plants were out being watered today.

enjoy

raffoctober.jpg

ncxroctober.jpg

ampoctober.jpg

These basal shoots are no more than 6 months old.

basalshoots.jpg

Think the gracilis needs pruning?

gracilisoctober.jpg

-Homer

Looking good. I love large Nepenthes. Those small cuttings just feel unnatural
cool.gif

I agree - even though the upper pitchers on some species are not as large or as spectacular as the lowers, it's nice to let them do what they do and vine. My neighbour had no idea the sort of plants I grew until one of my N. maxima grew over the brick fence and onto her side of the garden. She was most intrigued.

wow! uhhh that nep is like a tree, maybe when christmas time comes around you can put lights and a star on top of it, eglecko already did with his drosophyllum
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]maybe when christmas time comes around you can put lights and a star on top of it

What would be REALLY cool would be to put the lights INSIDE each pitcher....The would rule.

Yeah glowing pitchers! Neat! Oh great pics I love that clip x rein:)

Great pics. It's nice to see the ampullaria starting to put out some basal shoots, something it never did for me. The raff teeth are starting to fill out nicely, too.

well, there are glowing chimps, glowing bacteria, glowing mice all created by Genetic modification so why not glowing neps? LOL

Yeah artificial natural bioluminescense(SP?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]uhhh that nep is like a tree, maybe when christmas time comes around you can put lights and a star on top of it

The gracilis actually lays horizontal in the tank. I prop it up like that for pics and watering. It has another foot or so to go before it reaches the end of the tank. When that time comes I'll probably do some cuttings.

-Homer

Hi Homer
Nice looking plants,love the Amp,a couple of shots of the whole plant and a few of the pitchers would be nice
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Back