Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easiet nep variety to grow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Moonflower, upstate NY? What college/University? I attended Hamilton College in Clinton (right outside Utica).
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scloaty- SUNY Geneseo, about 45 minutes from Rochester. more western NY than central (as the western NYers seem VERY specific about!!!) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh...I remember Geneseo...Ran there a few times... I blew chuncks both times I raced there! HA! Must have been something in the air...

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Oct. 15 2004,2:54)]Ohhhh...I remember Geneseo...Ran there a few times... I blew chuncks both times I raced there! HA! Must have been something in the air...
    that would be the burning alfalfa ahhh the country!
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever hear of Plattsburgh State? That's my alma mater. Coming from the Island, I just can't believe what the dining hall passes off as pizza! At least the powers that be got wise and put out boxes of cold cereal as an alternative to what they called food. Do you speak Lawn-guy-land? Those folks actually pronounced the 'R's that us LI-ers don't. Not to mention the letter 'A' - like pear-ants instead of parents.

You must be the most popular gal in the dorm, with that VFT! Now, can you recite the Krebs cycle?

Ah, yes, the topic in question. Um, I received a N. gracilis cutting recently and it seems to be tolerant of my less-than-perfect kitchen window conditions. So that one should be easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTw, what would you people reccomend for something tough and fast growing as(or more than) ventrata, yet which looks different? Also, being attractive to ants is a plus.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nflytrap,
    There are tons of neps that are tough and cool looking. Most of the hybrids will be vigorous and hardy. I'd look through lots of pics and pick one you like. Really, there are only a small number of neps that are really picky, though few are as tough as the N. x ventrata. I'd look at N. ventricosa, hybrids with maxima, veitchii, ventricosa, truncata. One of my current faves is N. truncata x ventricosa, which makes HUGE pitchers, but is easy and hardy. Tony might still have some.

Also, look for N. x Rokko, or N. x Koto "efflugent". I've had great success with those.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about n. sanguinea? It is supposedly a faster grower than ventricosa. 12 inch pitchers too
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast