What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of pics

Got a couple of decent pics. Nothin special, well maybe the rediculous purple hamata.
purplehamata.jpg

Got this spath x spec from Tony, but it looks different than the one I see on His site so I though I should post that too.  
smile.gif

spathxspectab.jpg

and Macfarlenei(sp?)
macfarlen.jpg

Enjoy,
Robin

Nice Robin. I like them all ;>

Your not kidding.. that sure is purple! Is that one of Malesiana's clones?

Nice contrast on the N. spath. x spectabilis. There seemed to be a nice mix of colors on that cross and they are all very pretty.

How big is the N. macfarlanei? Looks like a pretty heafty pitcher (close on the spelling ;>)
Tony

I like the different shades of purple on the hamata. The macfarlanei looks almost like a talangensis. I like your clone of spath x spec. My clone has green purple spotted pitchers with a red and green peristome. The shape is the same.

Very nice pics!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I guess the hamata is going to be spectacular when it has adult pitchers!

Wow!  Nice pics.  That cinches it for me...my macfarlanei is NOT a macfarlanei
smile_h_32.gif
 Must be a hybrid with sanguinea or something.

Glad you all liked them, and thanks for the compliments.

Tony, I'm gonna guess it is from M.T. I bought it this color. Not sure I can keep it that color, but I'll try
devil2.jpg

You can do this color thing with just about any hamata your willing to risk! I love this picture. This is what gave me the idea to see how dark you can make a pitcher. http://simplethinking.com/borneo/images/bo_4_23_pit.JPG  
It looks perfectly healthy, but its almost black!

The spath x spec pitcher grew in the deep shade. I'm suprised it had any color at all!. Pretty impressive.

The macfarlanei pitcher is just over 4" tall. It has produced much bigger pitchers in the past, but I can't find the pics...:(  Still getting used to it's new enviroment.

Schloaty, most of the pictures I have seen of this plant look different. Don't be so sure it's a hybrid just yet.

Thanks again, glad you enjoyed.

would it be possible to make a nep that makes REALLY pink (i mean like valentines day pink) pitchers?
Hellz

you know that peristrome on the mac reminds me of my raf, great pics by the way. i should have my mac early next week but it will be MUCH smaller than yours

Do you know the location of the mac? An can you post a full pic of it? =P

that's a mac, definitely. and the peristome is nothing to question, it's one of the things that seperates it from talangenslis.

awesome pictures of pitchers, i personal favor the hamata and mac.

i didnt mean anythig twords the issue of weither it is a pure mac i have no clue as i dont even have one yet, ill have a lil bitty one probably on Monday. i just stated that its ridge of "teeth" twords the top of the peristrome is quite similar looking to that of my raf. although the peristrome is proportionally wider on the mac. i havent seen to many pics or info on them. im just going to have it sitting beside my bongso and hope for the best
smile_n_32.gif

i know that, rattler.

you're a good guy, glad you didn't make an issue of a work of malcommunication.

yeah, i need to do some research on mac, i've wanted one for bit, thanks to dean and his onslaught of them.

Very nice! That macfarlanei is realy nice! And the hamata is definately dark:O And that spath x veitchii is realy pretty:)

Thanks again for the comments guys,
rattler, I agree the neck of the peristome does look similar to raff. The one way to tell for sure if its a mac, would be the hairs under the lid.. Other than lowii, and ephippeata I beleive this is the only other nep with hairs on the underside of the lid.
smile.gif

That's a nice Macfarlanei you have there, i have one for about 3-4 weeks now, and it had no pitchers when i got it, i just got a new leaf and the tendril is getting longer, i can't wait till i have a pitcher
smile.gif

Robin,
Really dig the purple hamata and the Mac.
Hellz,
There are several nice pink Neps around-especially hybrids.

Trent

Back