Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Pond Boy, you're a unique individual who does not fit the demographic [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AOS actually considered putting their publication on the newstand and not just issuing it as a periodical. Alot of the changes from the small size AOS bulletin to a larger 'magazine' look and renaming it to Orchids was geared to this goal. Why it didn't go through in the end.. I don't recall.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not shoot for an "exotics" magazine in general
    not just CPs, and not just orchids.

articles about different species, shows, plantings, personal trials, pictures of peoples plants, information on places for more information (lol), terrariums and setups, vivariums, companion plants, planting hints, descriptions, plants of the month, specifics of a species needs from sedding to blooming, greenhouses, dealers hints and examples or stories, diseases, societies, communities, news about conservation ideas underway or battles in prgress

advertising:
    from dealers, to distributors, to personals, to gardening suppliers, to general ads by walmart or car dealers etc, warnings by conservation groups about different areas under threat

i think there is quite a bit a person could do with an "exotics" magazine

but thats just my opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12