What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes sibuyanensis

Hello guys!!!

Can you give me some information about Nepenthes sibuyanensis? Something like size, collor, leave collor, temperature and that kind of things...
Thanks very much!

Best regards,

Ries

i dont have it yet but it should be here this week. here is what ive got on it so far. its like a supersized ventricosa with better coloring IMO. it is a highland that will do ok as an intermediate. it often takes quite awhile to settle in but once it does its a strong grower and NEEDS high humidity to pitcher.....this help yah out any?

Heres a link I found that has some pictures of it... I've been interested in getting this plant myself

pics link

Hope that helps
biggrin.gif

As far as i know, it is a decent size plant, not huge, but not glabrata-sized. The humidity should be high, but nothing special compared to other nepenthes. The color, from the pics iv'e seen, it is brown,with a burgundy peristome, and it's sorta tubby. This is a typical highland.

As far as size goes...if you look at Exotica's website you will see that they can get pitchers the size of a football. That's pretty big!

Phil

Where can I find exotica's website??

Thanks you all!

Ries

After you get to their homepage click on 'news and specials'. There is a nice little article on N. sibuyanensis there.

Tony

I have had one of Geoff’s Sibu's for about 4-5 months now.  You can see what it looked like when I got it here:

http://aajenki.tripod.com/aaronscarnivorouscorner/id44.html

Now, note that my conditions are mostly intermediate.

Although slow and not increasing in size, it has continued to produce leaves and tendrils for me, but as many have experienced, the pitchers did not form.  In  my case I would attribute this to lower humidity on the hot days (I get a matching reaction from one of my N. eustachya under the same conditions).

One interesting note is that in my conditions the plant has become VERY hard and leathery.  It’s quite unusual both in appearance and touch.  The leaves are very thick and almost plastic-like.  Certainly tougher than ANY other Nep I have.

Anyway, after 5 months it just happened to throw one tendril into the sphagnum moss in its pot.  It did not go very deep and the tendril bunched-up as it kept trying to elongate with nowhere to go. And at last...it looks to be going to pitcher with the tip turning back upright and starting to swell quite rapidly.

I'll try and grab a picture later.

AJ.

Back