Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Macophylla, platychilda, jaquelineae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love plantswithattitude.com, but i also like www.********.com/nu301.htm that also provides good information, but a few key neps are missing. By the way, i've herd that Sanguinea is about as fast as that Jacquelinaea. I've heard stories from the net that that species can increase in size by sixfold in about a year. Thanks for the info on that Macrophylla. I can keep the humidity pretty high, there is always condensation on the windows (even in summer) since between all my neps i have bowls of overly waterlogged sphagnum. The heating doesn't work in my room anyway, so i guess that won't be a problem, i just won't get it fixed. My house is only heated at 60F at night anyway, and i've heard that Macs can grow as an intermediate for almost 6 months (courtesy of www.********.com/nu301.htm). So i think it will do well since the winters are cool.
    Thanks Guys. i think i'll get a Jacquelinaea as soon as someone i know gets one. Same with Platychila. If you guys can tell me who has one of those available, tell me. I know that exoticplantsplus has some Macs.

Thanks!
    Dave
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Leon,

Nice to finally hear from "He who moves trees", lol.
    Can we refer to you as "Nep Vader" and Rob as "Nep Sidius" then....? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

Might as well chime in here too. I've found that macrophyllas are slower growing than jacquelineae, and DEFINITELY slower than sanguinea. I grow Wistuba's clones and one of Rob's seed grown guys outdoors yearround. The macs are very hardy with no problems. Had 'em get into 90's for a spell and upper 30's F on occasion with no problem. My jacs have made steady progress as Tony has suggested. The jacs seem to produce longer leaves and tendrils while macrophylla is more "stocky". My platychila is outdoors and appears just fine. Too early to tell about that guy until next spring. To me, sanguinea is in my top 10 easy of the fastest and most robust highlanders. It's one of my prime candidates to experiment with outdoors. Dude can take a lot of abuse! Hope that info helps.

Good growin'
    Joel
    Nepenthes Around the House

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy ****, where do you live?
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe he lives in southern CA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Sand Jose, I wonder how my Neps would do. Nah, they'd probably die.
    We get frost during the winter at least 5 or six times per year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Sarracenias, Droseras, Darlingtonias, and Dionaeas do well though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    San Jose? I think you should be able to grow them outside for part of the year. I live about 45mins north of you and I still have my highland neps outside. I have to bring them in soon tho. Gettin chilly!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast