Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to insult, but that eymae lower looks like it has more to offer N. miranda than maxima does, as far as influence. I know they are closely related.
    NM, you really look up to Peter, don't you, lol?

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased most of my collection from him. The only stuff i didn't was a N. Ventrata, N. Fusca, a N. Macrophylla and some crazy @$$ lowland hybrid that i think is a Ventricosa x (lowland form) Alata. I have about 15 other plants, all from him. Plus, his nursury is cool, and he knows a lot more than i do.

Back to Eymae. He was talking about the upper pitchers when he said that. (that's true too). Though i don't know what clone or form he has. All i know is that they are wayyyy too expensive to buy at his nursury. They are about $60. By the way, if you are going to buy from him, go TO the nursury, he has some stuff there not for sale online. I bought a Macfarlanei from him there. And the Eymae is only for sale there too. Another was villosa. Sorry about getting off topic there.

Anyway, i'm just working off of what i've heard from a book. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I still have an Eymae to get for my self.

Dave
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe Marcello is a very small person, hey i don't know. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Borneo @ Nov. 09 2004,10:00)]But size isn't everything [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    yup aint that true, aristo isnt very large, but is very nice and interesting
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the Savage Garden and you are correct on what it says. The book is a great book and Peter sure does know alot. And no offense to Peter but the book is not 100% absolutely correct on everything in it. There are other books and other equally knowledgeable people. It is always best to formulate your knowledge from more than one source when possible. And equally important to realize that if your knowledge is coming from a single source that there is the possibility it may be flawed.

Tony

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony,

Do you stock 'Savage Garden'? I would like a copy, I've heard good things about it. Of course, in a field such as this any book is out of date in some respects as soon as it's published, but that is part of the fun of the hobby IMO
    Rob Cantley
    Nep Nut in Sri Lanka
    http://www.borneoexotics.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true Rob. There is certainly alot of new information coming to light on a regular basis. Nepenthes are just a tip of the iceberg.

I will pick up a copy of Peter's book and send it over.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i'd assume Peter knows a lot, since he's had California Carnivores running since 1989. But, now that i think of it, i didn't see an adult Eymae there, or even a young eymae. Except a few seedlings. I have to say most of the info is pretty good.

Btw. I have plenty of places that i get my info from. It's just that only a few talk about the size of the plants. They really only mention it if it gets to some amazing gigantious size.

Oh, Tony, you are right. In trying to get as many sources as possible, i e-mailed Peter with the same question i asked you, you know, how fast does Macrophylla grow? His reply was: Grow one for a year and be sure to tell me. So your right, he doesn't know everything. He was right about almost all of the other things that he told me though.

He did have an interesting reply when i asked him how fast Villosa and Rajah grow, it was : Suicidally slow. I think i still have the e-mail if you want proof of that. (no guarantees, i may have emptied my trash can, i forget.).

Nice "talking" to all of you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Dave

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast