What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moron!

Live specimens are seized under section 444A of the Environment protection and Biodiversity Conservation act 1999 (The Act).............................................................................
Reason for Seizure.

The specimen/s have been seized as i reasonably suspect that they have been used (or otherwise involved) in the commission of an offence against part 13 A of the Act:
On the grounds of that there was no labelling on envelope

And the key words are - 'Live Specimens'. Seeds are not classified as live specimens.

Specifically, what commodity does this seizure relate to?

So I CAN send this poor Canadian guy his seeds? I take it from parts of this post that if I send my cheesy "official hybrid certificate" that I made up (a few of you have seen it) which states what these seeds are, who the parents are and what pod they're from as well as the baggie the seeds are in itself being labeled, I'm ok? Do I need to put a notice that there are seeds in the envelope?

Thanks for any help!
smile.gif

It's probably best that somebody who lives in Canada or has shipped seed there in the past answer that question for you. My points only relate to Australia and the conditions of entry vary between most countries- I'm sure the import requirements for Canada would be different.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

How about Carl Mazur? He has that Sarracenia nursery up there, and would know the "dos" and "don'ts". It used to be Niagra Carnivores but I think it's another name now. if you don't have the info handy, i can send you his contact info when I get home.
Just let me know, Josh.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,
Yes, I'd be very appreciative if you could mail me that guys info! I don't know that guy since I don't deal with CPs other than the Neps. I unwittingly seem to kill all those types who have seasonal requirements.
smile_h_32.gif

Seandew, don't worry about it man, these d@mn customs/shipping rules get everyone in a fluster!

Back