What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather here has been kinda blah too so finally caught up on getting alot more pics on the website.  Figured I would link some of the nicer ones!

enjoy  
smile_m_32.gif

N. ventricosa x aristolochioides
NventXaristo.jpg

N. jacquelineae x izumiae
Posted a picture of a red one a while back.  Here is a real dark one.  Still pretty young but showing traits of both parents.
NjacXizumiae2.jpg

N. veitchii Bareo highland.  One of Robs seed grown plants.  This is a recently opened pitcher.  As it ages the peristome rolls back a bit and turns golden with a flush of red.
NveitchiiAPA.jpg

N. reinwardtiana v. samarindaensis seedling.  If you look close you can see one eyespot.
NreinwardtianaVsamMT.jpg

The next two are interesting as they were considered the same species at one time.
N. maxima Borone lowland lower pitcher
NmaximaMTborone2.jpg

N. eymae lower pitcher.  Interesting that the projection on the underside front of the lid accumulates alot of nectar.  In the upper pitcher it dangles over the pitcher mouth.
NeymaeBE2.jpg

N. glandulifera One of the newly described species.  Related to N. pilosa if I recall.  You can see where it got it's name from the picture of the plant.
picture of seedling pitcher/plant
NglanduliferaMT1.jpg
NglanduliferaMTplant1.jpg

N. aptera The other recently described species. Still has it's immature wings which will vanish soon as it gets more tubby. Related to N. bongso group.
NapteraMT.jpg

Tony

Nice stuff there Tony! Good thing for me you're 1200 miles away!
smile_n_32.gif

That N. glandulifera looks like a cross between a nep and a petunia with those long hairs all over the petioles and tendrils!

That Veitchii is really tempting me...
I've been meaning to get one for a while, it will probably be in my next order.
I've heard they grow pretty slowly, but the pitchers can last a really long time. (courtesy of Savage Garden) Please correct me if i'm wrong.
I'm gonna get a lowland form since my windowsill is filling up with Neps, Sundews, etc. Guess i'll have to find another place for them.
biggrin.gif

Very inspiring Sir!
I'll have to check your site. Your pictures ooze health,and vigour, and I ooze envy... heh!
Aptera looks very cool. .. really strange. when mature.
looks like our Glandulifera are in a dead heat!
Very nice! very nice Sir!
give us more  
smile_n_32.gif

Where do you grow all these plants? Outside in NY weater or do you have a climate controlled greenhouse? What happens in the wintertime?

Man, Tony. I agree with the others...had I the money you would be a richer man.
biggrin.gif

Hey I don't remember the newly described species! Gonna have to come bug you again soon!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 12 2004,12:25)]Where do you grow all these plants? Outside in NY weater or do you have a climate controlled greenhouse? What happens in the wintertime?
AE
1. Greenhouse

2. Spend alot of money on heat.

NepMaster
N. veitchii is fairly fast growing in terms of leaf production. However there seems to be an age factor with this species. Even though they can get fairly large at a good rate they take a long time for the pitchers to really show their stuff. So it's a combination of age and size.

I should also mention that striped ones are uncommon. Typical colors are green pitcher with golden peristome with perhaps a red flush.

Robin - thnks;>

More huh? ok one more.. you can hold this in front of your plant for positive reinforcement.
NmacrophyllaBE2.jpg

Tony

How did you get the jaquelineae hybrid?

Is it a natural hybrid?

Yes Max they popped up in the batch of seedlings from the collected seed. My sample size is not huge but 3 out of 12-13 were the hybrid.

Tony

Thanks Tony!
Its a nice hybrid!! And I forgot to say: Nice pics
smile.gif
!!

Tony:

Beautiful photos of beautiful plants. Congrats, again!

Your image of the presumptive hybrid between Nepenthes jacquelinae and N.izumiae AGAIN reminds me of that very dark N. "singalana" that I grow from Gunung Talamau that we discussed some time back. I was not aware, or have not paid attention to the fact, that there had been documented natural hybrids between N. jacquelinae and its neighbors. Clearly, a number of the plants originating in that region are getting even more confusing to the layman....

Peace,

Jay

Oh thats not fair!.... ooh thats too cruel!... It hurts to look at.....
Thats what I get for asking...heheh! How big is the pitcher/plant Tony?
Any more pics of that plant?

Itching with jelousy    
smile_m_32.gif

ps. Do you have any like that available?

Robin- Plant size when that pitcher was produced 6", pitcher 7cm. Currently 9". Sorry I only have one plant that size.

Tony

smile_k_ani_32.gif
I really like the N. ventricosa x aristolochioides!

Most aristo hybrids are cool IMO.

that maxima is amazing! do you sell that variety? its so rich looking....

Flipside.. that is the lowland form N. maxima from Malesiana. Although they seem to do just fine as intermediate/highland too.

T

Hey Tony,
Do you have any pics of eymae from wistuba? I have one and I was wondering what to expect from it.

Back