Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Size of pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to keep my Neps in a pot about the same size (or a bit larger) than the plant is around, but i have found that they can be in a pot that many people would think is much too small. With a Bicalcarata of say 6 feet in diameter, i'd go with a 4 foot diameter pot at the smallest.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, N. Merrilliana dies from being root bound.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, still forgot to answer a question there. I'd go with a pot that is around the same diameter as it is tall, i can't find many of those, so i get one that is taller than it is around. Though it isn't by much.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think that size ratio would work at all with the rapid climbers. A 6 foot plus pot wouldn't be too practical [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying what i would use, and i said 4 foot. Besides, i'm going to use that when my Bical gets that large. Well, okay, yeah it is probably too big, maybe 3 feet, that's about what Peter D'Amato uses for his really huge Bical in the nursury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, actually, now that i think about it, a pot that is wider than it is tall might be better, like a large wooden box about a foot or two high, and three feet around is what Peter uses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like deeper than wider pots ;>

Guess I should repot my N. tobaica.. multiple 8' vines in a 4" pot! The thing must be getting it's water needs via sprinklers filling the pitchers.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ERK! Time to repot my bical...It's only about 6" at this point, but if I want it to grow much larger, it should not stay in it's measly 4" pot much longer!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast