What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what i found

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Check it out! I found this in my daughters coloring book. It is a coloring book about jungle animals.

nepenthescoloring.jpg

Pretty cool huh? I didn't expect to find this. I think its supposed to be N. rafflesiana.
Copy and color if you want.

Joe

I wish I had those coloring pictures when I was young.
cool.gif

It's a raffle yes. It also says so in the description. ^^

Cool,nice coloring book!

Jerry

it's not drawn properly as he mentioned in his opening of this thread as the upper pitcher has wings where as raff uppers usually are wingless.

Aww give them an "e" for effort...
Cool coloring book though.

I've often thought a CP coloring book would be totally cool if it were set up like those old Peterson Nature identifier coloring books I had as a kid. I had Marshlands, Wildflowers and Prarie Flowers books. They had descriptions of the plants on one side and a full page botanical drawing to color on the other. and every few pages there was a full scene to colorin ofa  habitat showing the plants and the other grasses animals and things that lived around the spotlighted plants. I loved those books, wish I could still find them today!
A CP one would make me pee my pants!
smile_n_32.gif

EDIT: Lets all print one out, color it and post them here it'll be fun! C'mon!

Hi,

I have an old reprint of Veitch's article on Nepenthes in the 'Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society' from 1898. About 15 black and white pictures of Nepenthes species and hybrids known at that time are included. I.e. N. edwardsiana:

N_edwardsiana.jpg

How would it look like in colour?

Cheers Joachim

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leafedwellsofwater @ Nov. 13 2004,11:52)]it's not drawn properly as he mentioned in his opening of this thread as the upper pitcher has wings where as raff uppers usually are wingless.
Thats why it's neither a lower or upper pitcher. It's an intermediate one.
smile.gif

I'm gonna try and photoshop this. i'll post the picture when i'm done.

I think that the picture of the not-lower pitcher of the Rafflesiana was an intermediate pitcher. I've seen a picture of a N. Rafflesiana with pitchers the shape of uppers, with wings like lowers. That picture was labeled: "Rafflesiana Typical Intermediate Pitcher"

Back