What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

I grow my N. jacquelineae in 100% live sphagnum.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

wow, as usuall you are a dominate nep photos poster, you guys should see em in reall life

I would say it's safe to say that the N. macfarlanei is not pure.

As for the N. 'macrophylla'.  I took some pictures as requested by Robin.  Lousy weather so they will have to do.  Also keep in mind that the plant Jeremiah shows would have originated from N. macrophylla seed while mine came from N. lowii seed.  There could be some differences from that alone.
First I will highlight why I think it's a hybrid.
The points around the outside edge of the peristome in several places.
The fairly broad peristome.
The close spaced and less pronounced ribs
The greater amount of constriction above the hip followed by more significant flairing just below the peristome.
I think the pictures show these various traits if you look carefully, although you may not find ever single one in every picture.

As I mentioned earlier. Time will tell! Particularly when the plant makes upper pitchers. I am not trying to take anything away from the plant, even if it is N. trusmadiensis instead of N. macrophylla, it is still a beautiful plant.

Recap of Jeremiah's plant
macr%20012.jpg

Highland_Nep%20128.jpg

Couple small N. macrophylla 2-3cm pitchers
Nmac2.jpg

Nmac1.jpg

N. macrophylla 7cm pitcher (comparable size to Jeremiahs I think)
NmacrophyllaBE2.jpg

3cm N. trusmadiensis pitcher for comparison to N. macrophylla above
Ntru3.jpg

Larger approx 7cm N. trusmadiensis pitchers
Ntru1.jpg

Ntru2.jpg

Nice Trusmadienis, but i still like the Macrophylla. Btw, in the whole plant picture there, i've gotta go with Macrophylla, not trusmadiensis.

Very nice photos Tony

Just to let you know the N. trusmadiensis is just over 12cm
2004-11-17_Nep_mac_veit%20006.jpg

Here another photo I liked
Nep_mac_veit%20012.jpg

Nice photos everyone! I'll be taking my camera to the highland nursery next week.

Another NICE pitcher Jeremiah. That's impressive.

"Nice photos everyone!  I'll be taking my camera to the highland nursery next week. "
Rob, that would be very, very cool. Can't wait! Pictures from the source!

Hey Tony, for an old fuddy duddy, your pretty cool
smile_m_32.gif
 Thanks for posting those pics!  I have to say, those are really cool looking trusmadiensis. Those look like something from an Alien movie! Pale and slimy.. hmmm I have newfound respect for trusmadiensis!
Man, it's tough to tell the difference between the two when they are young. Maybe a wider peristome on the trusmadiensis, maybe.
I have made an observation however..You can count the teeth when they are older. Looks like trusmadiensis has around 60 teeth when mature, whereas macrophylla has around 50. NOW: I am just an armchair expert... I don't really know anything, so if I'm wrong about that last conclusion, well you know why.

Thanks Guys!
Robin

Thanks

I saw some of Marcello's pictures from your place simply breathtaking. If you can get a photo of one of your N. rajah that would be great.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hey can we make request's?
smile_n_32.gif

macrophylla pleeeease?
smile.gif

Thank You Sir!

Actually, I don't have N. macrophylla at a very good size, others have far better specimens. Might be able to give folks a run for their money on N. x trusmadiensis though.

Hi,

not much time on my side, but two pictures might help judging the plant of Jeremiah (very nice plants as always!!)

N. macrophylla about 5cm

N_macrophylla_150804.jpg

Adult lower N. x trusmadiensis:

N_trusmadiensis_090604_med.jpg

Cheers Joachim

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Beautiful N. x trusmadiensis Joachim! Really lovely.  Where did you get the original plant from?

Jeremiah
The photo that you posted on Nov. 18 2004,9:02 and said "Just to let you know the N. trusmadiensis is just over 12cm" has a file name:
2004-11-17_Nep_mac_veit%20006.jpg
But, the ICPS database states that N. trusmadiensis is macrophylla x lowii. Does your mac_veit filename suggest something?

Hello

Well I uploaded that photo along with some of my N. veitchii so I named the folder that.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Back