What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are a few of my favorites. Let me know what you think.

N. villosa
vill_005.jpg

N. jacquelineae
Jac%20016.jpg

Highland_Nep%20071.jpg

N. rajah
N_rajah.jpg

N. truncata Highland
All_Hightland_Nep_photos_1%20022.jpg

N. copelandii
All_Hightland_Nep_photos_1%20102.jpg

N. ephippiata
All_Hightland_Nep_photos_1%20135.jpg

N. eymae
All_Hightland_Nep_photos_1%20149.jpg

N. macfarlanei?
Highland_Nep%20114.jpg

N.%20macfarlanei.jpg

The original photos were 4 mp but I resized them for internet ease.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

N. macrophylla/trusmadensis?
Highland_Nep%20128.jpg

N. macrophylla
Highland_Nep%20138.jpg

N. khasiana
N.%20khasiana%20084.jpg

N. longifolia
N.%20longifolia%20090.jpg

N. lowii
N.%20lowii.jpg

Hi Jeremiah,

great pics, thanks for sharing. Dunno why, but I especially like that N. khasiana upper pitcher. How big is that villosa pitcher?

That "macfarlanei" looks like a hybrid between N. ramispina and N. macfarlanei to me...

Hello

Thanks,

The N. villosa pitchers are about 5 cm.

Yeah I did not think that N. macfarlanei look like my other one. I got the plant from Tony so we will see what he has to says.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hi Jeremiah,

very nice pics and plants! This jaquelineae looks awesome, how old is it?
I agree with Stefan, the pitcher doesn't look like a macfarlanei but rather like a hybrid of ramispina.

The other pitcher is a macrophylla, I think.
Heres a comparision of the parents (left, right) and the hybrid (middle):
asien19911290_579.jpg

photo from Andreas Wistuba

Cheers,
Max

Great stuff as always!
biggrin.gif

Wow, those are fantastic! Oddly enough, I too was entranced by the N. khasiana. Love the macrophyllas and ephippiata too!

Capslock

is jaquelineae difficult? if i remember right its fairly expencive but is that cause its newish or is it very difficult? btw OUTSTANDING!!! plants and absolutly excellent photos.

Rattler

Hello

I have been growing N. jaquelineae for over a year now. It seems to be very easy and a fast grower.

Here are a few more photos of the N. macrophylla/trusmadensis.

When I first received the N. macrophylla
2003-6-16%20050.jpg

and here is the whole plant
macr%20012.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Just simply amazing Nepenthes, Jeremiah.

O boy.. to open a can of worms again.. The N. macfarlanei was from a batch of wild seed. To put it mildly, very few of the plants appear to be pure N. macfarlanei! I have long since stopped releasing them but not before a few small seedlings left the building. Anyone want a bunch of N. macfarlanei, ramispina, sanguinea mixed hybrids? heh

I am still fairly certain that one N. macrophylla is N. trusmadiensis.. time will tell for sure. That picture from Wistuba, Max, is misleading because it is not showing a lower pitcher of the hybrid as well.

Tony

ill take any hybrids Tony
smile_n_32.gif
i still have room in my intermediate/highland tank. poor lowland tank is quite crowded though, dang amp is growing by leaps and bounds along with all the hybrids in there.

Great pics Jeremiah! They are all very nice, but of course I favor your villosa , macrophylla, and jaquelinea. Can you tell a difference in growth of your villosa, and macrophylla between growing them in your greenhouse, and growing them in your freezer at lower temps?

Do you lower your freezer temps to 38 as Jeff suggests for villosa, and how do the rest of your plants in freezer handle that? The reason I ask, Is I have a 2" villosa that appears to be growing well with lows in the 50's. I'm wondering if I should put it in my freezer, at lower temps, and if so, how will I be able to put any other ultrahighlanders in there? Raja, macrophylla, Hopefully edwardsiana, ect? I am not sure they would appreciate 38 degree lows?
Thank you Sir,
Again VERY NICE plants, and thank You for sharing!
Robin

On a side note; Does anyone have a pic of a young trusmediensis(sp) , and a young macrophylla , with pitchers that are no longer polymorphous ? So we can compare them? Tony?
smile_m_32.gif

Hello

Tony so that is for sure not pure N. macfarlanei correct?

"Do you lower your freezer temps to 38 as Jeff suggests for villosa"
I do not take it down that low. It gets down to 45F to 48F every night.

I have see a lot of plants that don't nessisalrry need it that low will grow faster the normal. Here are the plants I cerantly grow in the freezer

N. aristolochioides
N. densiflora
N. dubia
N. ephippiata
N. jacquelineae
N. macrophylla
N. muluensis
N. rajah

a few plants that I have tried groing there that did not seem to like it are.
N. so
N. burbidgeae
N. hamata
N. inermis
N. lowii
N. sibuyanensis
N. talangensis

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Great plants & photos Jeremiah as always
smile.gif

Your N. macfarlanei looks like my first N. ramispina I brought!
smile_l_32.gif

So I guess a cross between those two species. And a very nice hybrid as well.
How big is your freezer?
smilie4.gif

cheers

bill

Thanks Jeremiah,
Thats very helpfull. Saves me months of experimentation
smile.gif
! I'll have to try those guys in there. I concur, thats not pure macfarlanei.

Wonderful Jeremiah! Certainly healthy plants!

The macrophylla is looking like N. x Trusmadeinsis to me. The leaf shape is screaming N. lowii to me.

AS for N. villosa and cold temps at night, it really appreaciates it, but of course doesn't require them that cold as a seedling, once it more mature, it will become more demanding, I myself have been keeping mine at around 48ish at night, I don't want to risk anything cooler that could possibly damage the other Highlanders, and N. villosa continues to grow and pitcher for me very vigourously.

Nice photos man. I especially like the whole Macrophylla photo. Anyone who has been on this forum before would know that i am obsessed with Macrophyllas.

I haven't seen a whole plant photo of macrophylla and Jaquelineae before, it was a treat to see.
smile.gif
I can't wait until my Macrophylla gets that large.

I also want to get a Jaquelineae too, that picture just made me want it even more, i just can't find a place that has them in stock. (I think Tony carries them, but he doesn't have any in right now, at least from what the order form says. Cook's carries them too, but they aren't going to have them for quite a while.

Tell me if you find any place with Jaquelineaes in stock please.
Dave

One more thing. That is not a Macfarlanei. Before i got mine, i looked up about 100 pictures of what my macfarlanei would look like when i grew up, and that doesn't look like any of them.

Jeremiah,

What media do you use for the jaq? Mine grows really slowly and I am wondering if the media is the problem.

Back