What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima x mixta lowland?

Hi
Does anyone know whether the maxima used in this hybrid is a lowland form?
My otherwise robust plant shows definite stress in my highland house during the winter. But is quite happy during the summer there. I keep the house heated to about 50f in the winter. The only other hybrid that shows similar stress is my N. ventrata.

cheers

bill

I have no clue what N. maxima was used but odds are it was a typical highland form.

What's the daytime temperature Bill??? If it's perpetually cold day and night, even highlands will get stressed out.

Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Nov. 20 2004,9:32)]I have no clue what N. maxima was used but odds are it was a typical highland form.

What's the daytime temperature Bill???  If it's perpetually cold day and night, even highlands will get stressed out.

Tony
Its usually about 70/80f during the day at the moment. These are the only two "highland" that show this kind of stress in the winter. My alata & maxima species are a okay.

bill

Day temps sound ok.. Can you be more specific on what they are doing?? Maybe a photo?

Don't forget, Mixta is one half Northiana even with the Maxima. i think that it would need warmer Temps since Maxima is not too picky, but Northiana is. And the Ventrata may be a lowland Alata. I have a Ventrata like that.

Back