What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. campanulata flower

Hi,

I have a N. campanulata where the flowers are about to open. I am leaning to that this is a female, because I see no yellow pollen and even though the flower has not opened completely I believe I can discern an ovary behind the "stigma".

I would appreciate second opinions on this though.

campflower.jpg

Regards,

Christer

i would say female

Hi,

Thanks rattler for the confirmation.

Phyrex, apparently the server has decided to take an early Christmas leave
smile_n_32.gif
. Hopefully it will not take too long until it is back in action again, sorry for that.

Regards,

Christer

Hi Christer
Wow another nep flowering that is cool. I would say even with my limited knowledge of nep flowers that it looks female.
What are you going to cross it with then??

Bye for now  julian

That looks exactly like mine, and mine is female....Of course, it seems I botched my first pollination attempt, as I got ZERO seeds. DOH!
(Sorry, Jeremiah!
smile_h_32.gif
)

Hi,

and thanks for the replies. I guess I can start looking for pollen then
smile.gif

Julian, I know this is a long shot but N. campanulata would be my first choice. If that is not possible, I guess it would be a waste to not try to create some kind of hybrid.

Shloaty, thanks also for the info about your pollination attempt, although I hoped for a better result
smile_h_32.gif
It would be nice to know how long the flowers are receptive. BTW, do you remember how long it took before the flowers wilted?

Regards,

Christer

Hi Christer ,

I am Christian from Germany ,and I have a N.campanulata (male ) in flower right now, if You want you can send me Your adress am I will send some pollen to You .
Would be nice to get some seeds back if it works .

Greetings

Chris

Back