User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. coccinea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set up a new lighting arrangment above my N. coccinea and the leaves are turning really red in a blotchy pattern. Is this because it is happy or is it to much light for it?
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would need to see a picture to tell you for sure, but usually when a Nepenthes' leaves turn a different color, it is either mold (or something like that) or just a response to the intensified light.
    I remember when i had a N. sanguinea growing on my windowsill, the leaves were green. When i moved it in to my greenhouse, the leaves turned reddish-orange. It's still growing well so i know it's not the mold.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. Coccinea likes to turn all sorts of colors under good lighting. On newly started plants (from cuttings) I've had leaves which were anywhere from yellow to pink and even dark burgundy "bloodstains" as I like to call them. Pitchers made on the "discolored" leaves were far nicer than those on the plant initially brought home from the green house, nearly twice as large and much more intense pitcher colors.

I intentionally try to get my neps to color up in bright lighting, as it makes the plants sturdier, healthier and with better quality pitchers. Good luck with N. Coccinea it's a really easy growing "weedy" one you'll be making cuttings before you know it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i was kinda right. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    I don't have a coccinea so i didn't know for sure.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted something similar sometime ago, wondering why my coccinea was three different colors.
    It seems some leaves can turn red under good lighting, if it's orange, it's sunburn.
    If the dragon is bigger than his treasure, it's not worth the effort.

My Growlist