Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last pics of '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go folks. The last images you'll see from me for this year and in the next couple weeks it is time for the annual night of machete weilding madness before starting next years trade/sell cutting crops-some killer stuff coming your way next year more info on that closer to sping though.

Lets do this methodically; Lowland chamber then some chosen inhabitants:

N. campanulata in a 4" seedling pot it's full grown according to the books. Great terrrarium subject - careful feeding this one!

N. insignis. The lack of color is made up by this one having a rediculous pitcher/leaf ratio. leaves 2.5 cm pitchers 9-10 cm! Bizzare!

some intermediate/uppers of N. ampullaria x gracillis spotted-I need some vinegar for that glass!

This Giant N. rafflesiana (clone BE99) pitcher is about 20 cm as the last few have been. The plant is nearly 1 meter in diameter in a 6" azalea pot. A bigger pot will prob'ly get me those human torso sized pitchers in Robs famous photo that I sleep with under my pillow!

some intermediates next...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The intermediate chamber and some chosen ones:

N. eustachya, the "sumatran alata" a very good grower as an intermediate. a bit hard to grow in my ultra lowland chamber but does very nice in slightly cooler temps.

N. Miranda basal shoot pitcher. This is only a pitcher from leaf #4 or 5 from the basal shoot of my gigantic Miranda (flowered 4 times this year)!

At the other end of the miranda is the uppers which this is the last "pretty one" the true uppers are yawn...

N. sanguinea "orange" pitcher get quite dull at the top as well, even under 400W of metal halide!

N. sanguinea "red" never makes bigger pitchers than this (8-10 cm), I think it wants colder temps than in my intermediate, it's one of Robs as well. did make plenty of basal shoots and grow easy enough though

and now the highlanders...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pictures Swords. I don't see too many pics of eustachya, so i guess that's why i was drawn to that first.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The highland chamber and some chosen inhabitants

N. aristolochioides shot up to about 75 cm in height, the pitchers couldn't keep up with this now very vigorous climber! This pitcher is 3" and about 6 leaves down from the top

Here's a very upper pitcher from the female N. aristolochioides x thorelii about 12 cm high

N. inermis basal shoot pitchers getting close to making uppers after only a few leaves!

N. ramispina intermediate/upper, no frills! Some basal shoots also emerged recently

New N. rajah pitcher 14 cm, plant in big need of new pot/chamber 3 foot rajah in 10" pot!

New pitcher from N. macfarlanei about 7 cm

next highland #2...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, I'd forgotten I had an N. burbidgeae til I saw this 7 cm pitcher poking out:

The strange little N. sp. "Doorman's Top #2" makes very long whip like tendrils which curl back upon itself and at the ends make these furry little brown pitchers about 6-7 cm high

The whole plant of N. fusca x veitchii (striped) is covered in in hairs. this plant is 45 cm in a 4" pot with 4" pitchers

The diminutive N. talangensis, not full grown of course, pitchers about 2 cm

This guy got froze in transit last winter but now has recoverd nicely and produced this 7 cm pitcher

The highland red form of N. reinwardtiana from wistuba has some very nice eyespots on this 10 cm pitcher:

Not so exciting yet is the lower pitchers of N. eymae. I'm waiting on those funky uppers!

hope you dig em!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff as always swords! Man, your aristo x thorelli is a lot different than mine! Obviously the same hybrid, but mine seems to favor the thorelli just a little bit more, and is a bit darker (yes, I'm talking uppers!). Mine just made a fat basal shoot, too, which is good because I'll have to cut it back soon.

Doormans Top #2 is pretty cool too. And the hillariously large raff! Great stuff! Looking forward to the cutting trading season ahead!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I did! Absolutely great swords!
    If the dragon is bigger than his treasure, it's not worth the effort.

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast