What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody ever had this happen?

Got a strange thing going on here with my N. copelandii and was wondering if anyone else has ever had it happen to them. I have a pitcher developing with good size on a very small malformed leaf. The pitcher is developing directly over the middle of the plant. The leaf that the pitcher is growing on, is malformed in the sense that it has no broad leaf to it, it is just a skinny little thing with a pitcer growing (about a 3 to 4cm pitcher). Then, right beside this weird growth it appears that a new leaf bud is developing. The plant itself is fine, it just seems weird that the pitcher is growing without a nice broadshaped leaf. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this before?

Wickmo,
Welcome to the forum! I agree with N.M. A picture is worth a thousand words! In the mean time, could you describe the conditions in which the plant is growing? Light, humidity, soil, day/night temps, etc.

Welcome to the forums! I too would like too see a pic of this odd growth.
Noah.

Back