What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to properly raise your plants...

..closer to the light:

http://home.petflytrap.com/users....all.jpg

Suction cups with hooks (yeah, yeah, you can't see them well thanks to overexposure, but it's the thought that counts) are the (this) Tall Terrarium Owner's duct tape: they can elevate your tank's biosphere to completely new dimensions.

I've used them here to fix five pots with Nep seeds/seedlings right under the tubes, and also to improve my n. bellii's tan a bit.

Tall Chinese teacups also work, as seen here with the n. sumatrana)

cheers, and don't forget: there's a suction cup born every minute!
smile_r_32.gif

very cool Hans. haavent used suction cups befor but i have hung mounted orchids in my Nep tank with wire. my neps are to big, or maybe my tank is to small to use them unfortunatly. but its an excellent idea

Come on, Rattler, complaining that your neps are too big?

Why, I ought'a...
smile_n_32.gif

not to big, just to big to effectivly use suction cups
smile_n_32.gif

I have a bar-like-thing in my greenhouse that i use to hang a few Nepenthes. Right now it's just macfarlanei and ephippiata. I also have some tables that i put most of my plants on.

Indeed! This is a very effective method which I do with some of my plants (who're small enough to hang).

If you want to make epiphytic highlanders very happy hang them in net orchid pots like that or like this from a simple paperclip bent to an "S" and put through one of the holes in the pot:
sometime after fall of 2002:
inermis3.jpg

Last spring:
inermis16.jpg

I only did this with smaller species (inermis, talangensis,, gracillima, etc) cos I doubt I could get a rajah to hang this way!  
smile_n_32.gif

It looks very nice Swords, but i doubt it would be a piece of cake to water...

NM,

Thankfully that species (inermis) actually appreciates a drying out somewhat between waterings, otherwise I would be inclinded to agree with you. I am about to do a modified orchid basked thing with mine. I got some plastic mesh netting around one of my X-mas gifts....which will now be fassioned into a hanging ephittic planter (inspired, incidently, by Mr. Swords there).

Very nice Josh:) (I need to get me one of those inermis one day Lol.)

Back