User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad news : nepenthes viking extinction ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry , I don't know how to post pics.Please view at : http://www.neofarmthailand.com/index.p....Ntype=6
    just hurried build up page to put in the pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nong,
    Thanks for the update. The devastation is very sad. Did many of the islanders survive? You mentioned your friend Bung and his family did not live through the tsunami.
    You may have the only photo of the wild Vikings in their native habitat before the tsunami. The photo after the tsunami showing the devastation is worse than what we had imagined. Only 10 percent of Vikings still there? Are they dying from the salt? Were the other Vikings in Satoon affected?
    I doubt the plants will recover in our lifetimes or in the lifetime of our children and grandchildren. If left alone to nature, who knows what the new Vikings will look like, now with most of the gene pool lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

It's really a sad story with a semi-happy ending. Hopefully 10% of the total population still intact will allow the Vikings to flourish in the future. Preservation of this species is achievable, considering the number of hobbyists growing these plants and the current technology available.
    Gus

Sorry people, never mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure that image is photoshopped. I've seen actual videos of the waves and they didn't look that tall...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ Jan. 18 2005,12:14)]The wave on the right is taller than the tallest building on the left. (somewhere in SE ASIA)
    Not to doubt the veracity of the photo, but if you look closely, you can see Godzilla peeking from behind that highrise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

The photo was sent to me and it looks real to me. However, those with photoshop knowledge may be able to find out whether this photo is a fake. If any of you tell me that it is fake, please explain why.

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hard to say Gus but it just doesnt look right. most pics and video i have seen dont really show a large wave. what they show is water that just keeps coming and coming. no huge wave i know this is a poor analogy but it looked more like someone filling up a bathtub only faster. i cant guarentee its a fake but it just doesnt look right.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The waves were only 4 meters tall. That is many, many meters tall. However, just to verify it for sure, I looked on www.snopes.com , the San Fernando Valley Urban Legend site. I just typed "Tsunami" for the search word and it was the second one.One of the best sites to have book marked, IMHO. Almost all the pics that float the web like this are fake(remember the young man cut open out of the belly of a python? That was a hoax too.).

Cheers,

Joe

PS That is not really Godzilla, is it, lol?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast