What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone grow nepenthes in unfavorable conditions?

Not sure what my power costs off the top of my head. It is different for the house vs the greenhouse. Think it was around .10 for our house. I tried to be excessive on the estimate. Better to over estimate a bit than underestimate when considering costs! Some parts of the country are even a little higher than .15 but I figured that was a safe point to use.

Interesting if you plug in .10 vs .15 changes the total to $4.20/month

Thanks for the info. When I finally get that job (still looking) I'll start paying for part of the bill. At least a quarter of that money is probably from me; iguana, aquariums, plants... I'll see how it goes, if they start showing signs of deformed growth or bad coloring then I'll add more lights. All of them except the amp and ceph sit about a foot above the floor so they're around 6 inches below the light.

Cprus,
Luckily the Neps (excluding the Ceph) that you are owning belong to the few that can be found in somewhat shady habitats in nature, so it might be just ok.
Happy growing, Volker

Back