What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.campanulata and its hybrids

Cindy

Staff member
The plants came in September'04. N.campanulata only pitchered for me more than 2 months later. Seems that the ventricosa and veitchii parentage does help in growth rates. And of course, the size too.  I suppose the plants are considered young, so I'm looking forward to the adult pitchers.

N.campanulata

camp_2mths.jpg

campanulata_montage_rs.jpg

N.campanulata x N.veitchii

campxveit_2mths.jpg

campxveit4_rs.jpg

N.ventricosa x N.campanulata

ventxcamp_2mths.jpg

ventxcamp1_rs.jpg

Cindy! Your camp/vent mix worked! YAY! I failed utterly in pollinating my camp with vent pollen. I am keen to know what that will grow up to look like. Incidently, what kind of vent did you use? Green, Red, or inbetween?

hehe, I wished I was the pollinator but I was not...the plants were bought from Malesiana.

Very nice! I love the freshness of the green color in N.campanulata:)
The hybrids don`t seem that specctaular though(I`m saying the plants...your growth of them is very good.)

smile.gif
Well, pondboy, I'm staying in the perfect place for lowlands. In Singapore. My plants are all grown at my balcony, with outdoor conditions. Except the campanulata, which is grown under florescent lights. It was really delicate and I couldn't place it with the rest of the plants. This time of the year the wind is just too strong. Several pots of plants were blown off the rack.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hi Cindy
Nice looking plants,i like the subtile differences with each cross.
Bye for now julian

Back