What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep cutting

I have a nep cutting where the growing point blackened. I cut it off. It has a good root system. Will it grow back?

Well I don’t think that particular growing point itself but it depends when and how far you have cut it. But as long as there is still a dormant growing node on the stem it will form a new growing point there.
Blackening isn’t a good sign though. Did you cut the leafs in half and have it in pretty high humidity?

The growing point was black when I recieved it. If it dies, I am just going to take it as a loss. Humidity is 75-85% Temps are good for highland species.

A cutting from a mature N. macfarlanei? That's awesome I want one!
smile_n_32.gif
It'l be years before I see big pitchers on mine!

Anyway, was the stem black inside after you cut off the darkened portion? or was it green with a lighter green center? If it wasn't black in the center that's a good sign and I'd remain hopeful, just give it some TLC and time to recoup itself. If the black goes all the way down inside the stem that's a bad sign.

I would just leave it where it is don't even move the pot around in the chamber, put a lil "hands off" sign on it and let it get used to the light, temp and watering schedule you have set for your other plants. With luck it was just caused by stress or overwatering or something and you'll soon have a great plant!
smile.gif

Back