Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved from the blade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting to think about the yearly chopping and I see the female N. aristolochioides x thorelli has started to bloom again. Looks like it'll be a smaller bloom this time, only about 20 flowers (about 35 last year).

If anyone has some interesting pollen they'd like to cross with this I'll split with ya 50/50.

Here's a refresher on the plant in bloom:
    Lower:

Upper:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Josh:

Mine flowered too and it happens to be a female!.

Bad luck

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

I have two male Nepenthes is spike at the moment, N. x spathulata x maxima that thing never stops flowering and N. veitchii with a 3 1/2" inflorescence.

About how tall is your N. aristolochioides x thorelli, mine is about 22" tall and I was just wondering when I might expect a flower.

Have any of your N. (aristolochioides x thorelli) x Miranda seeds sprouted?

thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Josh,
    Sorry to say that we don't have any interesting males in flower at the moment. If you crossed the right things on to her, you could really get some new looking hybrids. Do you have to cut her up for space reasons? If you let the vine continue through the year, she may bloom again and you may have more chance to find valuable pollen. We have an all red N. hookeriana - and we think it's a male, that has a long vine and is doing weirdo amp-like uppers that could flower soon. Even a good form of ventricosa would be a worthwhile gamble. Have you tried the International Pollen Exchange?
    The seeds you sent us have not germinated- yet. We are not worried. Nepenthes can sometimes take forever to germinate, waiting until the day length is longer. I wouldn't expect them to be sprouting this early unless they're under artificial lights- and even then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, I'm not sure how big the plant is overall. It's in a 5" clay rose pot with 3 growing points, one emerged this fall and is about 6" tall the second vine is the current one in bloom it's at least a meter and the original first one is probably well over a meter.

Wanna hear a bad thing? I haven't even planted my seed from last Halloween yet! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] I never seem to get round to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see that hybridized with a hamata! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh,
    Nepenthes seed does not store well. I don't know how long it takes to go bad, but, don't hesitate to spread them now. We'll keep you informed if anything sprouts for us [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that seed is only viable for a few weeks...
    What size do Nepenthes usually flower at? Or do they usually flower under good conditions when they start up the upper pitchers?
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast