Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess what i am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a guess: maybe N. Veitchii x Spathulata (sp?)
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, it doesn't have the same sort of northiana ovoid shape as the northiana x veitchii I've seen before.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Trent -

The plant is seed grown, from ICPS seed I received and planted 4/01. It does seem to grow slowly.

After our big NECPS show last October, I repotted it from a crowded 6 inch pot into a one gallon pot. The picture above shows one of the first pitchers that formed after the shock. I have it growing in a large terrarium that's 24 inches high, 24 inches wide, 12 inches deep. It's very humid and wet in there. In the same tank is a N. rafflesiana and a N. khasiana x ventricosa - it's kinda crazy in there. All the plants sort of tangle around each other (time for a greehouse, huh?). It's lit from above with 2 shoplights that are on about 17 hours a day. It's difficult to access inside the tank, but I do feed the traps every 3 weeks or so with Chiclid fish food pellets or small crickets. I rigged up 3 plastic dripline hoses that extend from outside the tank to the soil of each pot. I water with rainwater from one of those old fashioned pointy tipped restaurant ketchup bottles - the tip fits neatly into the hoses.

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent, would it be possible to get hold of a pic of that f2 hybrid? I'd be really interested to see how it turned out. Hamish
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WildBill,
    Seed raised, very nice! Cool set up, but the bad news is that once in a greenhouse, your neps will still tangle around each other and act crazy! Our experience with the same hybrid is that it is very slow growing.
    Hamish,
    The f2 are not ready for their close up. They don't really look like much at this point, but we are happy when they grow new leaves. All pitchers are still small and immature. We have six or seven seedlings, two have a red stem and red coloration on the pitchers (as far as we can tell at this point). When they look like something, we'll post pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12