Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics!

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nive pics Dave.. I absolutely love the truncata x ventricosa and the eymae lower. Forgive my ignorance please but do they both grow in the same conditions? If so, what are they? Could either of them survive as a windowsill plant in a west facing window that gets no direct sunlight?

Thanks for sharing the pics
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome pics! I'm still waiting for my aristolochioides to produce pitchers as big as my thumb. Your spectabilis also looks quite stunning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants Dave. Love the truncata x ventricosa; looks very different from ours. Enjoyed all those highland plants that we don't get to grow - you are doing a great job with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dustin, the aristo is in fairly typical highland conditions. Thermastat is set to 60 at night, so it might get down to 57 or 58, but I doubt any lower. It's really close to the lights. I have noticed that aristo loves light. It's in a tank which is, oh, 85% covered (give or take), so the humidity is rather up there....though I never ran into a humidity tempermentalness over the summer while it was growing on the deck railing. I would say that the most likely culprit for your problem is low light (or, heaven forbid, pests).

Tropics, LMAO!

VFT Guys, I grow the eymae as a highlander (though I've heard rumors it's not tempermental with temperature...those are unconfirmed). This is the first real pitcher on the plant for me, but then I've only had it since just after the X-mas (not bad for about three weeks, eh?). It is close to the lights and under high humidity (don't have numbers for that, though, sorry).

The trunxvent I would immagine could take just about anything. It grew great on my deck railing last spring/summer/fall. I currently is growing fine in my grow room which I would call intermediate/lowland. Doesn't seem to care one lick about temps. Also, it has produced pitchers for me in all but the lowest humidity (these last two were produced within a variable range of 30% to 55% depending on how often I remembered to fill the humidifier). So, in short, you could grow them together if you gave more thought to the eymae.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    What a source of encouragement everyone is!

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi David
    You sure have some great looking plants there,love the ventra x trunc what a lovely peristome,very nice indeed.
    Bye for now julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics.

The flower of that ping you show looks very much like mine, which was identified on this forum as P. Sethos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lauderdale, you just may be onto something there!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, your thumb is beautiful! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

nice show of peristomes - especially the spec

Peter
    the cellist

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast